Hiya, happy Caturday from me and my freshly painted paws. 💅 Turns out that Olive & June Nail Polish in KMC is more of a mint green than a jade green, but I’m not mad at it, because I did this mani without wearing my glasses, so I was as blind as a bat (living on the edge!), and it still turned out OK. Good on you, Olive & June!
You can see the polish again in this pic, along with what will forever be known as “the baguette that crushed my cool French girl dreams…”
Case in point:
Yesterday I went to a local Sonoma spot called Baker & Cook and ordered a baguette, a lemon bar and a banana muffin. This loaf was in my possession for three whole minutes before I greedily gobbled down the exposed end.
IT WAS SO SOFT!
And so, so fresh… I couldn’t help myself.
It was then that I realized I would never be a chic French gal riding around on a bike with a baguette tucked neatly under her arm, because I would eat the bread before even getting on the damn bike, ha ha ha.
I hope you have some really delicious fresh bread this weekend, because let me tell ya, good bread is a revelation.
This week’s reading
- Dig, if you will, a picture of a Prince-themed makeup collection by Urban Decay. All I have to say is that there better be something in it called Raspberry Beret!
- Fast-fashion retailer Zara just launched a makeup line.
- Speaking of makeup collaborations, here’s a new one with the movie Clueless. AS IF!
- It’s been a minute, but I’m still fan-girling over Daniel Martin’s work on Meghan Markle for the royal wedding.
- In case you wanna look like Cruella…
- 11 mineral sunscreen options!
- Allegedly, these mineral sunscreens don’t leave a white cast.
- Oh, and if you’ve got a deeper skin tone, you might want to check these sunscreens out.
- Here’s how to tell if your sunscreen’s expired.
- An introduction to cat @sshole behaviors.
- In case you were wondering if any male celebs have launched nail polish lines lately, the answer is yes.
- Fun fact: Penelope Cruz likes to cut hair.
- Keep an eye out for this new vegan, Black-owned nail polish line at Nordstrom.
- Tips and tricks to dry any type of hair.
Justine Bateman is a rock star.
This was very insightful.
Why am I not in a parking garage dancing with these guys?!
Teach me your ways!
Let’s get organized.
Shake your groove thang.
Note to self…
More to add to the list
What’s the plan for the rest of the weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,