You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you with your hair (with 10 being salon-caliber fancy updos and intricate braids)?
Well, based on the stylish way I’ve been wearing my hair lately, otherwise known as “The Mop,” I should probably say a negative 10, but no, no, I think I’m a little better than that when I put in the effort… So maybe a six or seven? If I’m trying.
I can do a few different updos and braids, like the messy reverse French braid I was wearing a couple months ago.
- Flower crowns: do or don’t?
It seems like they get a lot of flak sometimes, but they’re a do for me. I think they’re fun and playful, and even though they sort of dominate the music festival circuit, I wish they would also dominate regular life, because I would not mind it if women walked around everywhere with flower crowns. I think it would be kind of pretty.
- What’s something you do at least once a day?
- Feed Tabs some wet food, because if he doesn’t get at least a taste of gravy, he gets very vocal and crabby.
- Brush my teeth
- Drink water
- Check my emails
- Go online
- Put on lotion
- Go outside to breathe some fresh air
- Open a window
- A little cleaning, believe it or not
- Fill in my brows
- Have a cup of tea (usually green tea in the morning and afternoon and Sleepy Time Tea at night)
- Clean off my desk
- I also go through phases (and I’m in one now) where I change some element of my outfit at least once a day, which I want to do at this very moment because I’m currently uncomfortable.
- What were you like as a child?
Very shy and quiet and happy. And artistic, too, which wasn’t highly valued in my family…but let’s not even go there now right meow.
- What’s a kind of music you just don’t get?
’70s rock, but I think that’s partly because I haven’t been exposed to a lot of it. What I have heard, though, hasn’t really connected with me yet.
Sometimes when El Hub and I go on our road trips up to Redding, California, we’ll listen to classic rock stations (which they have a lot of up there), and I’ll hear a song and say, “I’ve never heard this song before,” and it’ll be by Pink Floyd or something, and El Hub will turn his head to me with a look of complete shock. “I can’t believe you’ve never heard this song before!”
Nope. And I’m sorry, but it’s not doing anything for me either.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you with your hair (with 10 being salon-caliber fancy updos and intricate braids)?
2. Flower crowns: do or don’t?
3. What’s something you do at least once a day?
4. What were you like as a child?
5. What’s a kind of music you just don’t get?
Hello, friend. Here’s a hug, one from me and one from Tabs. He asks that you pet him for a bit, but please don’t mind when he starts to look slightly annoyed. That’s just how he looks on Monday mornings.
I hope you had a nice weekend. I have to admit I’m still in weekend mode… I haven’t quite gotten into gear yet. I think I’ll definitely need a second, and probably also a third, cup of green tea.
The weekend went by way too fast… On Saturday night we watched the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight with some friends. I’m kind of bummed about how it turned out, but it was still fun to get together. And then yesterday I just did a lot of high-intensity relaxing around the house.
I started watching this cool BBC documentary series on Netflix called Egypt. It’s part documentary, part, sort of, Lifetime Channel historical movie. Anyway, I’ve been totally sucked in.
I hope you’re having an easy, calm Monday so far. I’ll be right back… Can I bring you a cup of tea? Something with caffeine, perhaps?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,