Umm, too many! It all starts after I wash my hair. Then I have to “do stuff” to it.
- I usually wash my hair at night, and then after I’m done, I dry it gently with a towel. Actually…I usually need at least two towels (yes, it takes two).
- Next, I brush it and apply R+Co High Dive leave-in conditioner from the roots to the ends, and I also put a bit in my bangs.
- Then I let my hair dry as long I can before going to bed, at which time my hair is still a little damp, but if it’s too damp at bed time, I’ll…
- Blow dry the roots, but leave the mid-shaft and ends damp.
- In the morning, I brush it through and put it in a high bun (this helps to loosen the waves and smooth things down). Then I go about my usually morning routine.
- When it’s time to do my hair, I plug in my ghd curling iron and part my hair down the middle. Then I do loose waves, starting on the left side and moving to the right. (For some reason, the left side *always* takes longer.)
- When the curls are done, I spray some sort of wave spray all over, and these days it’s R+Co Sail. I let that cool a few minutes…
- After that, I tend to the cowlicks in my bangs, which I don’t always get to, haha! I smooth down the big one on my widow’s peak with a paste by R+Co. Then, I spray the extra stubborn ones down with hairspray.
- At this point, my curls are usually cool, so I break them up with my fingers.
OK, nine steps total! How about you?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,