OOH! I love coffee table books…
Wait — what’s that? It’s not a coffee table book, you say? It’s actually a limited edition $139 collectible palette with eight beststelling Too Faced powder bronzers inside?
Well I’ll be darned… From the outside it looks like a giant coffee table book, which is actually kind of ironic, because it’s called The Little Black Book of Bronzers.
Little, it is not.
If for some unknown reason I were forced to suddenly go incognito, I could just hide behind it because the thing is literally bigger than my head.
Yeah, this is probably not the kind of thing you take on a weekend jaunt, but if you did, you’d have all of your Too Faced bronzers with you in a single place, all nicely marked and arranged. You wouldn’t have to rut around in your makeup bag, which is what I usually end up doing.
Like any good book, this one has a compelling story…
A story of bronzers and adventure starring you.
In one chapter, it’s Friday, and you’re wearing Beach Bunny and playing hooky from work. In another, you’re wearing Chocolate Soleil on the day you give your career-changing presentation in front of the board.
Later that night, you wear Bronzed & Poreless on your date with that certain boy (or girl).
** SPOILER ALERT** This book is an online exclusive, so you won’t find it on bookshelves or stores. Expect a very limited supply at toofaced.com, sephora.com and ulta.com in May.
As pricey as it sounds, the book actually represents a significant savings, as Too Faced bronzers are normally $30 a pop, so if you were to buy all eight of these individually (they’re all from the permanent line), you’d be looking at $240, versus the $139 the book costs.
That’s a savings of $101, and all of the pans in it are full size.
There’s a good mix of mattes and shimmers here, and all eight bronzers seem to have the same texture, finish and wear time I’m used to from the brand.
The bronzers in the book…
- Endless Summer 16-Hour Long-Wear Bronzer: A universal bronze with a subtle shimmer that lasts all day
- Sun Bunny: A split pan with a warm silky gold on one side and a pinkish bronze on the other; when you mix the two together you get a natural glow without any orange undertones.
- Milk Chocolate Soleil: Totally smells like chocolate, yum! A matte light brown bronzer suited for pale to medium skin tones.
- Chocolate Soleil: Another yummy chocolate scented bronzer. A matte bronzer for medium to deep skin tones.
- Sun Bunny: Mix the four shades in this bronzer — which has a golden bronze, delicate pink, white and fawn shimmer — for a healthy glow. I use this as a highlighter.
- Bronzed & Poreless: A matte medium bronze that minimizes the look of pores.
- Pink Leopard: A bronze with golden pink shimmer. Works great as either a blush or highlighter.
- Beach Bunny: Like a warmer, more golden version of Snow Bunny, this bronzer has four illuminating shades — a bronze, a soft peach, golden ivory and golden tan
The size definitely makes this un-travel-friendly, but that’s not really the point. If you’ve been waiting for something BIG — literally HUGE — to make the jump to using bronzers on a regular basis, and you want a lot to choose from, check out the book.
Also…it’s cute! I like how when you open it, there are descriptions with little drawings of different places and scenarios where you could wear each of the bronzers.