I think of two things when I hold the new NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette in my paw…
The first one is awesomeness, as in the state of being awesome.
The second one is Greek mythology.
Remember Narcissus? He was the guy so enamored with his reflection in a pool of water that he couldn’t leave it, and eventually, um, he died.
Seriously, dude? You couldn’t even take a break from admiring yourself to at least eat some fruit??
Anyway, I remember reading that story for the first time in fourth grade, which was during the height of my Greek mythology phase, and thinking, “Wow…Narcissus must’ve been really, REALLY cute. I bet he looked like Michael J. Fox.” LOL!
Not gonna lie, I could spend hours cooing at this palette like I’m Narcissus at that pond. “Oh, sweet palette… You’re such a gorgeous palette. Yes you are! I lurve you sooo much.”
Essentially, it’s the brand’s version of a neutral/Naked palette, and holla! — it’s kind of amazing.
NARSissist (NARS∙is∙sist) (n.) – lives by her own rules, not afraid to express herself in every look, mood or attitude. Effortlessly captivating with a bottomless makeup bag.
NARS Cosmetics introduces the NARSissist Eye Palette, named for and inspired by the brand’s devoted fans and cult followers, this inaugural palette will set the stage for future NARSissist products to come.
– NARS PR
The limited edition palette plays like a compilation of NARS No. 1 hits. Most of its 15 powder eyeshadows hail from the NARS single eyeshadows permanent line, while a handful of them appear in NARS permanent eyeshadow duos.
There is also one formerly limited edition shade, Bad Behavior, a deep pewter from the Guy Bourdin holiday 2013 collection.
The whole enchilada: 15 shades
- All About Eve I: a flesh-toned neutral (permanent)
- Ashes to Ashes: a shimmery violet-based brown (permanent)
- Fez: a velvety cocoa (permanent)
- Bad Behavior: a deep pewter (limited edition; this is the one from the Guy Bourdin holiday collection)
- Bali: a neutral matte brown (permanent)
- Brousse II: a shimmery blackened violet (permanent)
- Coconut Grove: a deep brown infused with reflective particles (permanent)
- Dogon II: a charcoal black (permanent)
- Madrague I: a matte cream (permanent)
- Madrague II: a matte caramel (permanent)
- Belissima I: a shimmering beige with subtle glitter (permanent)
- Mekong: an espresso infused with gold (permanent)
- Lhasa: a lavender grey (permanent)
- Pandora II: a matte black (permanent)
- Nepal: a soft, sheer rose (permanent)
Nepal! Lhasa! Coconut Grove! The darker shade from the Dogon duo! OMG! I can’t even…
If I were ever to make a list of my end-all, be-all, must-have NARS eyeshadows, so many of these colors would make the cut. It is literally (OK, figuratively) my NARS eyeshadow palette dream come true.