You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- If I ever become rich and famous I’m going to __________.
- Ask Beyonce and Jay-Z over for tea.
- Yell at the paparazzi to “get the hell off my lawn!”
- Start a rescue cat sanctuary and adoption center (complete with hugely elaborate outdoor cat enclosure play space) for needy Northern California kitties.
- Buy a Volvo with fantastic side visibility and power locks. (My current car doesn’t have automatic locks, and I hate when I’m walking to my car someplace isolated or dark, like an indoor parking structure, and I have to get my keys out to open the door. Doesn’t feel safe.) I’m not a car person at all, but I’ve always wanted a Volvo. I hear they’re supposed to be very safe and reliable.
- Fly first class to Thailand for vacation on a whim.
- Build a fancy personal library.
- What’s a mascara you find yourself buying over and over again?
Good, old reliable Chanel Le Volume de Chanel. I never get tired of the great volume and curl hold, and it has TONS of big drama.
- Your biggest boy band crush (or any band, for that matter) growing up?
“You’ve got the right stuff…baby.” (Um, NKOTB, hello!)
- Ponchos: yes or no?
OK, I like the idea of wearing something that resembles a blanket (you can sleep in it any ol’ time!), but I’m going to have to go with no. I’ve tried ‘em, and they don’t work for me. I look like I belong in Middle Earth.
- In general, is your daytime makeup routine very different from your going out/evening makeup routine?
Actually, not really. I don’t have any strict rules when it comes to colors or coverage for daytime versus night. As long as I feel good in what I’m wearing, I’m down for whatever.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. If I ever become rich and famous I’m going to __________.
2. What’s a mascara you find yourself buying over and over again?
3. Your biggest boy band crush (or any band, for that matter) growing up?
4. Ponchos: yes or no?
5. Is your daytime makeup routine very different from your going out/evening makeup routine?
Hello, sweet friend!
Before I get to your Karl quote of the week, The Walking Dead season premiere last night. I haven’t seen it yet! We got in a little late last night, but I recorded it, so I’m going to watch it tonight. Please, no spoilers. I beg you.
And for your Karl-Lag quote for the week..
“What I love best in life is new starts.”
– Karl Lagerfeld
Me, too, Karl. Me too. On that note, I hope your Monday got off to a great start.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,