Another Monday, another excuse to wear blue eyeshadow. And glitter. And false lashes. 🙂
Seriously, though, I can’t think a better day to bust out the blues.
For starters, there are a ton of ’em out there right now; they’ve been popping up in a bunch of the summer collections (like Lancome’s French Riviera, Tom Ford’s Unabashed and Urban Decay’s Electric Palette , just to name a few).
On top of that, I feel that if we’re going to have to put up with the oftentimes annoying nature of Mondays, we might as well have something fun happening on our lids.
Am I right?
Laura Mercier’s Summer in St. Tropez Baked Eye Colour Quad from the New Attitude summer 2014 collection ($44) has three such shades of fun blue — a sheer, pearlescent baby blue; a pigmented, satiny teal blue; and a sheer and shimmery dark royal blue.
Um…yeah, that’s a lot of blue, so if you feel the need to break it up a little, you could try mixing the bronze shade from the palette with the dark blue, which gets you a really cool purplish bronze.
That’s what I did today, popping it along my lower lash lines to contrast with the satiny teal I placed in the crease.
And because I still have those glittery eyes from that fashion show last week at the San Francisco Academy of Art University on my noodle, I swiped a small amount of glitter — Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Spandex, which has flecks of blue and purple glitter — in the inner corners, figuring that the flickering sparkles would add a little splash to the eyes while tying together the blue on the lid with the purply bronze along the lower lash line.
A’ight then, here’s a breakdown…
- Laura Mercier Summer in St. Tropez Baked Eye Colour Quad: Medium blue shade in the crease, bronze shade in the outer corner and the dark blue and bronze shades mixed together along the lower lash line.
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex: The inner portion of my lower lash line.
- MAC Mylar Eyeshadow: On the brow bone, on the lids and in the inner corner.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black: The upper lash lines.
- Ardell 120 Demi Lashes: The false lashes I’m wearing on my upper lashes only.
- MAC Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Brow Gelcreme: Mah brows.