You don’t have to be a crazy cat lady (or a rotund tabby cat with a low-hanging belly) to appreciate a strong cat eye liner look with bold lips. It’s an enduring, timeless combination that looks great on almost everyone.
The new 19-piece MAC Stylishly Yours collection, a limited edition release for eyes, lips and face (pieces $14-22 each), embodies this tried-and-true classic in a modernized, 21st century way.
The collection purrs onto MAC counters, stores and maccosmetics.com on December 26 and stays put through January 11, 2011. Tabs, being the ho for brights that he is, can’t wait.
A few MAC Stylishly Yours products clockwise from the mascara wand at the lower left: Zoom Lash Mascara in New Hue, Cream Colour Base in Virgin Isle, Lipstick in Neon Orange, Cream Colour Base in Movie Star Red and Fluidline in Dark Diversion
With Stylishly Yours, MAC offers fans fun, fast ways to give makeup looks a shot of dramatic color (without having to think too hard). Eyes in the look are kept simple, clean, and simultaneously dramatic with matte black and burgundy gel liner and mascara. Bright coral, pink, magenta, red and violet leap onto lips and cheeks in lipsticks, cream blushes (they double as lip colors, too!) and loose pigments with creamy and shimmery finishes. But that’s not all — two pink pressed highlighting powders imbue faces with a lovely soft sheen.
What I really like about the release are how the brights are both sophisticated and easy to use.
When you know you want to wear something bold but don’t want to invest the time into a super complex drag queen eye with teal, gold and purple, you could slip into one of these lipsticks instead, top it off with a layer of Clear Lipglass, and strut out the door.
Or, you could quickly do a swipe of thick burgundy cat eye liner with the blackened plum Fluidline in Dark Diversion, add a few layers of the burgundy New Hue Zoom Lash Mascara to your lashes, and blend one of the Cream Colour Bases (Virgin Isle’s my fave!) on your cheeks and lips.
MAC Stylishy Yours: Swatches on NC35 Skin
Cream Colour Bases from left: Virgin Isle, Tickle Me Pink, Movie Star Red, Madly Magenta
Lipsticks: Neon Orange, Something New, Cockney and Style Curve
Pigments from left: Violet, Follow Your Fancy, Madly Personal, New Fixation
Fluidline: Blacktrack, Dark Diversion
Beauty Powder: Too Chic, Play It Proper
More Pictures of MAC Stylishly Yours
Fluidline in Dark Diversion, Zoom Lash Mascara in New Hue and Zoom Fast Black Lash
Cream Colour Base in Movie Star Red on cheeks; Movie Star Red topped with Clear Lipglass on lips
Cream Colour Base in Virgin Isle on cheeks; Virgin Isle topped with Clear Lipglass on lips
The entire MAC Stylishly Yours collection includes…
Cream Colour Base, $16.50
- Virgin Isle — a vivivid bright coral cream
- Tickle Me Pink — a poppy bright pink cream
- Movie Star Red — a medium-toned blueish red cream
- Madly Magenta — a vivid pinkish purple cream
- Dark Diversion — a blackened plum
- Blacktrack — a solid flat black
- 209 — an eyeliner brush with a pointed tip
Zoom Lash, $14
- New Hue — a blackened burgundy
Zoom Fast Black Lash, $14
- Zoom Fast Black Lash — a deep black
- Neon Orange — a bright clean orange
- Something New — a creamy bright blueish pink
- Cockney — a sheer yellowish red with multidimensional pearl
- Style Curve — a bright clean violet purple
- Clear — a clear, shiny gloss
- Follow Your Fancy –a bright coral with small pearl particles
- Madly Personal — a bright pink
- New Fixation — a bright fuchsia red with soft pearl
- Violet — a vivid bright violet purple
Beauty Powder, $22
- Play It Proper — a pastel pink with sparkles
- Too Chic — a soft peachy pink cream with fine shimmer
What do you think? Does Stylishly Yours excite you more or less than MAC Cham Pale?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. In the pic at the top I’m wearing Cream Colour Base in Virgine Isle on my cheeks, and Neon Orange lipstick on my lips.