There’s a video review in this post, but if it’s not appearing, you can click here to watch it on YouTube.
Ya know, I never would have thought to wear icy mint with rose gold — never in a million years! — but because NARS is NARS, for some reason, they go together. Who knew?! I sure as heck didn’t.
I really appreciate how NARS gets me out of my usual color comfort zone, and it’s their unexpected color combos that I think make their seasonal collections some of the most interesting ones around.
This year for spring 2016 we get a small, succinct NARS launch of nine products — about half of them eye products, half lips products, and a powder blush — mostly in sweet rosy and beige tones.
There’s also that icy mint up in the mix and a shimmery blue for a fun, springy touch.
I tried something a little different with this video by filming my first impressions as I use each of the products.
Um…please excuse mah crazy hair! It’s been raining cats and kittens here in NorCal this week, and I haven’t wanted to bother, LOL!
The NARS Spring 2016 Nouvelle Vogue collection…
- Tarvos Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, an icy mint ($29)
- Cressida Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, a shimmering midnight blue ($29)
- Kari Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow, a soft rosy pink ($29)
- Hammamet Duo Eyeshadow, a matte beige and a bronze rose ($35, limited edition)
- Impassioned Blush, a pink orchid ($30)
- Instant Crash Lip Gloss, a soft shimmering apricot ($26, limited edition)
- Vida Loca Lip Gloss, a guava ($26, limited edition)
- Rosecliff Lipsticks, a soft rose ($28)
- Banned Red Lipstick, a mulled wine ($28)
- Available January 15 at NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com, and February 1 at NARS counters
As always, thank you for watching!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,