Thanks, bareMinerals, for inspiring my latest list with your new $26 Kissing Booth Lipgloss Collection.
I’m calling it “Carnival Attractions That I Absolutely Never Want to Operate.”
At the top of the list, the kissing booth, which, yeah, probably isn’t a good fit for the girl who freaked-the-eff-out when she found out that her (now ex) boyfriend was using her toothbrush (EWWWWWWW!).
Can you imagine the germs exchanged during one afternoon at a kissing booth? Um…no thank you.
Carnival Attractions That I Absolutely Never Want to Operate
- The kissing booth — Yuck! I don’t know where those lips have been!
- The Ferris wheel — People freaking out in buckets a hundred feet off the ground? I can’t… I just can’t.
- The milk bottle baseball game — Oh, hell to the no. How much do you want to bet someone would hit me with a ball?
- The carousel/merry-go-round — Make it stop! The music is driving me nuts…
Now, if I could insist that there were only two customers at my kissing booth, El Hub and Tabs (who would get nose kisses, of course), then cool. 🙂 And I’d also want these Kissing Booth Collection glosses around, because their sheer pigments wouldn’t leave bright smooch marks behind.
These non-sticky glosses look like they should be bright and intense on lips, but they’re not. They’re pretty sheer sheer on mine — much sheerer than the glosses in the Lipspectacular holiday set.
All six Kissing Booth shades start out just shy of moderately pigmented and fade over the course of about 10 minutes until I can see most of my natural lip color through them.
Even the three glitters are subdued, and after applying them, I can can really only seem them briefly when I’m in full sunlight.
I like my glosses with a splash o’ flash, so if I had to choose between this set and Lipspectacular…I’d think I’d go with the latter, which comes with six moderately pigmented creamy nudes.
But if you prefer semi-transparent glosses with a faint trace of color, don’t miss the Kissing Booth.
The bareMinerals Kissing Booth set includes…
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Big Tease, a pinkish nude
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Lucky Lady, a diamond rose
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Sweet Kisser, a strawberry sorbet
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Major Flirt, a sparkling peony
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Thrill Seeker, a rich lilac
- Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Jezebel, a glimmering fuchsia merlot
Size: 2.25 ml/0.07 fl. oz. each
AVAILABILITY: Available now online and at Sephora and bareMinerals boutiques
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,