Fall is my favorite time of year in San Francisco. It rarely gets either cold or hot in the city, with the Bay keeping the climate pretty much the same year ’round, but the brief summer we do get usually occurs in what would normally be the fall, which means t-shirts in October and sometimes even November.
It’s when autumn colors drench the city — grey buildings contrast against streets carpeted with maroon autumn leaves, as buttery autumn sunlight weaves through the high rises downtown. I love it.
I suppose my love for the city in fall explains why I’ve fallen for Sally Hansen‘s new nail collection, inspired by 10 fall colors created in collaboration with clothing designer Tracy Reese. The industrial grey, black and blue shades contrast well with maroons and neutrals, as do the streets of my favorite city in the fall.
- Alchemy – deep plum with subtle purple and gold shimmer
- Cruel Heart – maroon with subtle gold flecks
- Divinity – pale beige with grey flecks
- Moonstone – white shimmer
- Night Lily – maroon matte
- Raven’s Wing – black with big silver glitter
- The Good Earth – dark chocolate brown with subtle gold flecks
- Torrid Bloom – matte hot pink
- Quartz Cameleon – pale peachy- pink beige with subtle gold flecks
- Stormy Blue – dark grey blue shimmer
At $6, these drugstore polishes are a downright steal! You get a little bit less product than you would from a Lippmann Collection shade (0.45 oz for a bottle of Sally Hansen versus 0.50 oz for a Lippmann Collection bottle), but you’re paying half the price. These colors are also durable like Lippmann polishes, clinging like that ex-boyfriend you wish would just go away.
I painted my nails with three layers for these pics, and five days later they had nary a chip. And that’s without topcoat, yo. If your nails take a beating like mine do, then definitely put one of these in your basket on your next trip to Rite Aid or the House of Tar-ghay. Update: These Sally Hansen colors will hit the shelves in September. 🙂