OMG, ladies! I’d hoped to spend a relaxing evening last night painting my toenails while watching the latest ep of Project Runway, but that was before Parsons changed from a design school to Off-Broadway theater! I mean, I might have to stop watching the show before bed! Seriously, that’s how intense it got. Did you watch it? It went from Casanova having a breakdown during the challenge (“I should just design for old lady slut flamenco dancers!”) to the routinely refined Tim Gunn putting the humiliating smack down on the
Lord of the Flies losing team for letting Gretchen “manipulate” them. I literally leapt off the couch and raised the roof: “Tim, yer the man!”
I was so wound up after watching it that I couldn’t get to sleep until well past midnight. Consequently, I slept in a little later than usual even for a Saturday; hence the late Saturday Surfing. 🙂
As for the rest of my day, other than some cleaning around the house, it’s w i d e open. I might try to go see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World this afternoon… Have you seen it? I wonder if it’s any good.
It’s a little late in the day for surfing (the tide’s out), but would you like to catch some e-waves with me?
Random Bright Spots
- 5 ways to wear silver eyeliner — Bellasugar
- For the insomniacs among us: 3 beauty products to help you sleep better at night — College Fashion
- LUST! The Chanel SoHo collection polishes and face palette — Refinery29
- How to love your life (even if you hate your job) — Amanda Lee
- Have you heard of the Black Phoenix nail polish line? — Magic Maid
- Some very cool vintage Vogue photographs from the ’50s — Style Through Her Eyes
- Will Hard Candy’s baked shadow make our daydreams come true? — The Notice
- For my fellow TJ’s grocery store fans: An inside look at the secret world of — Fortune.com
- Ha! 6 types of crappy hugs — The Oatmeal
- Seeing these old dresses get reinvented in interesting new ways makes me wish I could sew — New Dress a Day
New in Beauty
- The Stila Color Wheel Eye Shadow Palette ($38) comes with a whopping 37 shades
- Cute! I’d commit highway robbery for these new Tokidoiki Makeup Bags ($20-42)
- Temptu says they infused their Under Eye Concealer ($28) with reflective diamond dust (wha?) to diffuse the appearance of lines, dark circles and discoloration
- What do you think of the Kooba for Laura Mercier Color Palette Wallet ($85)?
- Gucci’s Guilty Eau de Toilette ($74) has notes of amber and lilac (I love lilac)
- Estee Lauder’s Sensuous Noir Eau de Parfum ($48-60) has notes of patchouli, lily, purple rose and “night-blooming florals” (wha?)
- I wanna try Butter London’s Silk Stockings Finishing Gel ($25), Stiletto Stick Hydrating Heel Balm ($30) and Powder FInish Foot Creme ($28) mostly for the packaging
- Wow! I mean…WOW! Kanebo’s Sensai Collection Radiant Mask costs a whopping $165!
- Interesting… Chanel’s Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette Spray for men ($59) makes dudes smell like a blend of citrus and the woods
- The Urban Decay Box of Potions set ($59) looks primed and ready for makeup
- My parched skin would probably love the moisturizers in Bobbi Brown’s new Hydrating Skincare line ($26-58)
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! Keep smilin’!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,