Okay, here it is: you, me, Tabs — we blow off the rest of the afternoon, drive into the city, hit an ice cream shoppe, and then go cruising for makeup.
What do ya say? Come on! You know you want to. 🙂
I need a break… Tabs has been working my paws to the bone! This morning, we had a “gravy emergency.” I won’t go into it now, but needless to say, I’m pooped.
I could really do with a few hours of meow time right now.
Let’s see… We could start with fresh-squeezed lemonade and semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies at Specialty’s (yep, that’s really how it’s spelled), do a little shopping at Union Square, maybe stop by Nordstrom to see Dick Page work his magic at the Shiseido counter.
And after, a trip to the Barneys New York beauty department where they carry one of my favorite under-the-radar makeup lines, Sunday Riley, and niche perfumes you can’t really sniff anywhere else (hello, Frederic Malle Geranium!).
And right now they’ve got a pretty sweet gift with purchase set.
It’s to celebrate their Love Yourself Beauty Event, going on now ’til September 22. Spend $200 on any combo of makeup, skin care and/or perfume, and get a blue and tan makeup bag bursting with fancy beauty samples like…
- Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum
- Sunday Riley The Influencer Extra Volume Glossy Mascara
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Money Now Sleep Later
- Koh Gen Do Makeup Color Base in Lavender Pink
- Sue Devitt Defining Eyeliner in Oslo
- Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads
- Giorgio Armani Regenessence Multi-Corrective Rejuvenating Cream
- By Terry Creme De Rose Nutri-Lift Comfort Cream
- Malin+ Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
- Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser
- 3Lab The Cream
- Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
- NARS Skin Double Refining Exfoliator
- YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Paris Eau de Toilette in Batucada
- Costume National Deau de Parfum
- Tocca Violette Eau de Parfum
- Kai Fragrance
The offer also includes men’s grooming products, so you could snag something for yourself and/or your woman/man. In my case, I’m not so sure about that… El Hub acts like face moisturizer and eye cream are the devil’s work!
If you can’t make it to Barneys, the offer also applies to online barneys.com beauty purchases, too. No coupon code necessary. Just fill your cart, and the goody bag automatically pops up when you hit the $200 barrier.
If you’re looking for ideas, here are some of the Sunday Riley, Tocca, Hourglass and NARS products I’ve been loving lately…
- Sunday Riley Prismasilk Eye Colors and Intimate Blush
- Frederic Malle Perfume
- NARS Heat Wave, Cyprus Eyeshadow, Cairo Eyeshadow and Madly Blush
- Hourglass Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15, Dune Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo, Foundation/Blush Brush No. 2 and the Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipsticks
- Tocca Violette, Graciella and Bianca perfumes
And for the Tarte fans among us (I count myself among you)…
Not Barneys related, but if you heart Tarte, the line is currently up for the Customer Choice Beauty Awards on QVC.
A few items in the running include…
If you want see your favorite Tarte products take the top beauty spots, cast your ballots online now at QVC.com. The winners will be revealed October 30.
And speaking of chocolate chip cookies (weren’t we talking about those?)…
If you have a fool-proof recipe, please pass it along. I’m craving cookies BADLY, and terrible things may happen if I don’t get some cookies soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,