Photo by Ornesllaswouldgo
What up, buttercup? How are you doing today? I’m just over here playing with makeup and watching one of the funniest TV shows I’ve seen in ages! It’s called The League. Have you seen it? Seriously, I know almost nothing about fantasy football, but damn that show’s hilarious.
Speaking of funny TV shows, what do you think about Modern Family? That’s another one that gets me every time.
Back to that makeup I’m playing with… It’s a highlighting illuminator called MAC Strobe Cream ($30), and other than TV it’s been the highlight of my weekend so far. Ha! You know you’re a makeup junkie when a product can be the highlight of your day…
Ever since discovering how great the combo of Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer work for me (BTW, isn’t Nancy’s concealer tutorial great!?), I’ve been looking for an illuminator to wear beneath foundation.
Thanks to my friend Marisol (and MAC), I think I found it!
Have I mentioned that a new MAC store opened just 5 minutes away? Marisol and I hit it after dinner last night (Â¡nos gusta Chipotle!), and she promptly sold me on Strobe, which she’s been loving for a while.
MAC Strobe Cream unblended (left) and blended (right)
Worn either alone or under foundations and tinted moisturizers, it imparts a very subtle brightening sheen — not a glitter, just a very soft pearl glow.
I’m gonna put some on right now and head to Trader Joe’s, where I hope to appear all fresh and glowy as I cruise the frozen food aisle. 🙂
But before that, you know what time it is. Surf’s up!
Saturday Surfing: Sites I Surfed Today
- Rumors are circulating about a new MAC lipstick collaboration called “Pink Friday” with rapper Nicki Minaj. Please, beauty gods, let it be true!
- Get your mane in tip-top shape with these five healthy hair tips from celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves (you can also enter to win a fancy shamsy makeover!).
- Apparently, the Clarisonic Opal is the sh*t.
- Unleash your inner artiste with the MAC Pro Acrylic Paints. Don’t these vibrant beauties look like they belong in an art store? the packaging.
- My general rule about furry animal hoods: unless you’re five, you best stay away.
- 381 pounds of gingerbread and 517 pounds of royal icing went into this gigantic gingerbread house, and you can have one for $15,000.
- The state of California filed a lawsuit against the Brazilian Blowout.
- For fellow cat ladies and/or science nerds: researchers now know exactly how cats use their tongues to drink.
- YSL gets the blues (and pinks and greens and browns!) in the spring 2011 Boheme Libertine Collection.
- Paste some prose into this tool to find out which famous writer you write like (I get Vladimir Nabokov, author of Lolita).
- Always putting stuff off? Here are four procrastination-pummeling strategies to try today.
- Red eyeshadow: do you dare? Makeup artist Pat McGrath says “yes, you can!”
- I’ve always wondered this about Vaseline: does it actually thicken lashes?
- What does Midnight in Paris smell like? According to Van Cleef & Arpels, it’s Tonka beans.
Thanks to reader Amber for sending this hilarious cat video!
Have a fantastic Saturday, ya hear?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,