1. You’re gonna have to hunt for it
The collection just launched a few days ago, buuut it’s already sold out online (it’s only seven pieces total). If you see something you gotta have, well…I’m sorry, babe. Maybe call your friendly neighborhood MAC sales associate, and keep your fingers and toes crossed. They might still have something hidden behind the counter.
(Note: At last check, the five Lipsticks ($17.50 each), and the Luck and Fortune Eye Shadow Palette ($32) and Powder Blush Duo ($29) are all sold out online.)
2. Sadly (because they’re so hard to find), the lipsticks are a peach and/or pink lip lover’s dream come true
SO MUCH PEACH AND PINK! I spend 99% of my lipstick life wearing those colors (sorry, no corpse-y gray for this girl), so these are lipstick nirvana for me.
- The two Satins — My favorite shades are muted peachy pink Good Health and soft peach Peachy New Year, which has golden pearl. Both of them are pigmented, apply smoothly, don’t dry out my lips and last a decently long amount of time (’bout four hours). I also ? them as cream blush.
- The two Mattes — Dusty rose To Luck! is opaque and doesn’t catch my lip flakes, but it’s a little drying…and I think bright pinkish coral Prosperity is pretty, but it isn’t as intensely pigmented as To Luck! And it also latches onto every minuscule micro flake on my lips.
- The Cremesheen — If you like pale blueish pinks, you might like creamy light pink Pure Happiness. It’s semi-sheer, which I’m fine with, but I’m not crazy about this one on me… I’m a MAC NC42, and I think it looks a little weird on me for some reason.
3. Props to the Powder Blush Duo
I only need one light layer of warm pink Love Token for naturally flushed cheeks, and light pale peach Long Life & Happiness is also surprisingly pigmented. Both shades are a cinch to blend, too. They skate across skin and feather out almost as well as Melba, my favorite MAC matte blush of all time.
I really like this duo because most of the time I just want a little color on my cheeks, which is exactly what this duo delivers. That exact look.
4. The nine-pan eyeshadow palette is a mid-toned cornucopia
There’s one light beige shadow and one dark brown, but the other seven shades are all somewhere in the chromatic middle. Lots of them are variations on mid-toned taupe, peach or pink.
Even though there’s a Satin and Lustre in there, overall, this still looks like a matte eyeshadow palette to me, and it’s very warm, soft and romantic. It makes me think of a pretty watercolor painting.
You can see the palette in action in this Meow-entine’s Day! ? ? tutorial.
5. Minor fallout alert
With the eyeshadows, but it isn’t too bad. I just have to do a little cleanup after doing my eyes.
Le sigh… In an alternative universe, we’d live somewhere where LE products would never sell out. Wouldn’t that be dreamy?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,