For many moons, I have struggled to become one with the purple eyeshadow (hello, Barney), and, apparently, I’m a glutton for punishment because this morning I thought I’d give it another try.
I work at the literary agency today, and I didn’t want to look like a purple drag queen, so I decided on a light purple eye with blue accents using a few colors from the MAC Naughty Nauticals collection.
I used two layers for the eyes.
The first eye layer…
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer on the entire lid (layered beneath everything else)
- MAC Nice Vice Paint pot in the crease (layered on top of Shadow Insurance)
- MAC Pearl Cream Color Base on the lid
The second eye layer…
- MAC Rice Paper Eye Shadow on the browbone and lid
- MAC Illegal Cargo Eye Shadow in the crease
- MAC Meet the Fleet Eye Shadow in the outer V
- Lancome Noir Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner on the upper water line
- Lola Lagoon Socialeyes Gel Eye Color on the lower water line
- MAC Bell-Bottom Blue Pigment on the lower lash line
The rest of the look…
- MAC Concrete Eye Shadow
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Becca Luminous Skin Colour SPF 20 in Nut
- Becca Stick Foundation SPF 30 in Coffee
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- MAC Blush in Blushbaby
- MAC Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom
- MAC Cremestick Liner in Pink Treat
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Buoy-o-Buoy
- MAC Lustreglass in Hey, Sailor
Even though it’s a purple look, I don’t think it’s too obnoxious to wear to work. A fine line exists between pretty/soft purple looks and streetfight/Barney purple looks, and I think this more closely resembles the former.
It even earned the rare straight boy stamp of makeup approval from El Hub. When I exited the bathroom all purpled out he looked over at me and said, “Your eye makeup looks pretty.” Rare words from a man who has been known to say crazy things like, “You don’t need to wear makeup.” Crazy talk, I tell ya!
Well, it’s Wednesday, ya’ll! We’re almost over the hump. Have a great day today, and let me know what kind of makeup you’re wearing.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Leaving so soon? Click here for a random post before you go.