Wish I could say I wore this look to someplace fabulous this week, like an exclusive after-hours vampire club (assuming I didn’t get eaten, of course), but alas, no.
No vampire clubs, but I did wear it someplace fun — namely DSW, to look at boots. 🙂
SIDE NOTE: You know you’re a cat lady when you see a pair of boots with a tiny pocket on them, and the first things you think of putting in the pocket are cat treats.
I posted this smokey eye earlier today but neglected to list a breakdown, so hurr goes.
It features bronze smokey eyes with black cat eye liner, purple eyeshadow along the lower lash lines and a flash of blue on the lids. And the eyes are paired with a glossy plum/berry lip for extra drama-for-your-mama.
Since the eyes and lips pack some punch, I kept the cheeks mellow with a bit of contouring, a matte peachy pink blush and a sprinkling of peachy bronze highlighter.
Most of the products I used are from MAC’s fall Indulge collection, which has been available for a hot second. Some of them are sold out on MAC’s site, but you may be able to track them down at macys.com, bloomingdales.com or nordstrom.com.
Or maybe at your nearby MAC counter or MAC Pro store.
As for the breakdown…
I love this eye look because it has a surprise. When you see it from straight on, it looks pretty basic, right? Like a basic bronze smokey eye with purple along the lower lash line. But then I close my eyes and SURPRISE! — a flash of blue and cat eye liner.
I love stuff like that. 🙂
- Primer: MAC Painterly Paint Pot as a base all over my lids
- Brow bone: MAC Shroom Eye Shadow, a shimmery beige from the permanent line
- Crease: MAC Soft Brown Eye Shadow, a warm brown from the permanent collection, which helps to anchor the entire smokey look
- Outer half of the lids and crease: MAC Divine Decadence Eye Shadow, a shimmery bronze from the Indulge collection, to add depth to the look
- Outer V: MAC Beluga Eye Shadow, a shimmery charcoal from Indulge. I used it to darken the corner and increase the contrast of the smokey gradient.
- Lid: MAC Sex & The Oyster Eye Shadow (also from Indulge), a shimmery bluish gray green for a flash of color on the lid
- Upper Lash Line: Diffused cat eye liner, created by lining my eyes first with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack gel liner, and then patting MAC Deep Cravings Eye Shadow, a shimmery gray from Indulge, directly on top
- Water lines: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion, a matte black
- Lower lash lines: MAC Soft Brown blended with MAC Palace Pedigreed Eye Shadow, a dark plum from Indulge
- Inner corner: MAC Shroom again!
- Lashes: MAC Extended Play Lash in Gigablack mascara on upper and lower lashes
- Brows: MAC Veluxe Brow Liners in Deep Brunette and Deep Dark Brunette
Whew! That was a task, but the lips and cheeks were much easier. 🙂
Cheeks and Lips
- Lips: MAC Sweet Succulence Lipstick (a glossy plum) topped with Lust For Life Lipglass (a shimmery dark berry), both from the Indulge collection
- Cheeks: NARS Amour Blush, a matte peachy pink on the apples
- Contour: Make Up For Ever Bronzing Powder in 40 just beneath my cheekbones
- Highlight: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal, a shimmery, peachy bronze, applied on my upper cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid’s bow
It might be a bit much to wear to the Post Office or to go buy bananas at the corner store but —
Nah, forget that. You only live once. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,