It’s the final countdown to New Orleans and my birthday trip! We leave on Monday (we’ll be there through Thursday), which means I need to start packing NOW.
If I wait any longer, last-minute mayhem will ensue, and I’ll end up just randomly throwing sh*t into my bag — like, literally throwing bottles of hair spray and whatnot into my luggage all haphazardly shortly before we leave for the airport. Because that’s what I usually do. 🙂
But not this time! I started today by settings a few things aside…
- A sample of Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color, which my friend Alis gave me a while back when I saw her at the salon.
- One Gillette Venus Snap Razor. Because body hair never takes a day off, LOL!
Mine certainly never does… I’m a freaking Sasquatch. 🙂
This travel razor has its own little case, so it’s easy to bring along on trips. $7.99 for a razor, razor blade and a carrying case.
- Avene Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion Spray SPF 50+. It’s supposed to be hot in New Orleans, and I’ll be doing a lot of walking around outside, so SPF is a must. This sheer, lightweight sunscreen by Avene is oil and alcohol free, and very moisturizing, too. $12 for a 1-oz. bottle.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk. Since I probably won’t be washing my hair every day (it’s vacation, after all!), I’ll use this dry shampoo to help soak up oil on my scalp and remove the funky scent of unwashed hair. $9 for a 1-oz. bottle.
- Byredo Gypsy Water Eau de Parfum Travel Spray. One of my favorite scents in a travel-friendly bottle. $110 for three 0.4-oz. spray bottles.
I’m also kinda tempted to take along this Clinique Touch of Comfort Travel Exclusive set (available now at select airports) largely because my skin gets incredibly dry on planes. It includes a tube of Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream, a tube of Deep Comfort Body Butter, a tube of Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream, and a tube of Superbalm Lip Treatment.
Knowing me, though, I’ll probably have barely enough room for the lip balm and hand cream, LOL!
One of these days I’ll learn to pack light…
Your friendly neighborhood soon-to-be New Orleans-bound beauty addict,