So this is winter, huh? Gotta say, not a fan.
Yup, the rain returned this morning, but it’s not one of those productive rains that refills reservoirs and builds up the snow pack in the mountains. This is just a faint freezing drizzle that makes me want to stay indoors and drives Tabs out of his ever-lovin’ mind.
How’s it going out yonder way? I’m not really feeling up to writing transitions this morning, so here are just a couple of non-makeup and makeup-related things I’ve been liking lately…
Whatever you’re up to, I hope you have a great day. 🙂
Southland It’s baaack! The new season of one of my favorite shows just started, and I think it’s one of the most underrated hours on TV.
It’s a police drama, but if you like police dramas, give it a try. It has some pretty interesting, complex characters, great acting and cool story lines. Plus, it stars cutie pie Benjamin McKenzie, and starting this season, Lucy Liu, too, who I think did a great job in last week’s season premiere.
Food trucks Right now they’re HUGE in San Francisco. I haven’t been to one lately, but I keep wanting to go.
There’s this weekly food truck jamboree thing called Off the Grid where a bunch of food trucks all meet at the same time and place in the city, and now they’re introducing an Off the Grid up here where I live in Marin County, huzzah!
Underworld Awakening Okay, I have no idea why they keep making these movies because I think they went downhill fast after the first one, but I’m a big
Milla Jovovich Kate Beckinsale fan (I always get those ladies confused). I have to see it. Can’t resist.
Sunday Riley and Edward Bess I’m intrigued by both of these lines. Sunday Riley is new at Barney’s New York, and Sephora recently started carrying Edward Bess. I love how elegant both of them look from the packaging, so these are tops on my list of new things to try.
If I do venture out of the house this afternoon, I’ll have to be very careful, though, because another makeup monster has been spotted in the area (possibly the last makeup monster in this series). I should be okay… The authorities are saying that it only targets people wearing false eyelashes, and I didn’t plan on wearing any today.
MAKEUP MONSTERS: THE LASH LIFTER
ARMOR CLASS: 3
SPECIAL ATTACKS: Master rogues/pickpockets, these evil little goblins have the quickest hands and uncanny dexterity! They’re able to remove false eyelashes so quickly that they can be in and out between blinks. You don’t even notice your lashes are gone until they’ve already left the area, and if they can’t remove a lash because of its adhesive, they’ll just bite it off with their scary sharp teeth!
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Nil
SIZE: Small (1′ tall)
A few beauty posts that caught my eye…
- Scarves and boots make everything better! — Keiko Lynn
- Spring Cleaning: The Beauty Edition — Beaut.ie
- Nailing it! Simple Spring Cherry/Plum Blossoms Nail Art for Chinese New Year — My Women Stuff
- Dreamcatcher eyes! — Bows and Curtseys
- I’m lovin’ these watercolor nails — Nails and Noms
- Ever wonder how to successfully pull off a chartreuse-colored dress (I know I have!)? This post offers a few stylish ideas — What I Wore
- I miss the ocean! For my fellow water babies: some big blue beauty and fashion inspiration — Fashion Squad
- Super cool: giant artwork inspired by toys — Flavorwire
- So pretty! This step-by-step photo tutorial shows how to do a gorgeous bronzy golden eye — By Celina
- Color me intrigued by this $24 Ilia Lip Conditioner — Bella Sugar
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,