The Sephora VIB sale starts soon (woo-hoo, 20%!), which means hot little hands will be poised atop keyboards and ready to take the plunge on November 10th. A few of you guys have been asking for some sale recommendations, and I gotta tell you is that my own personal list is always pretty boring. I stock up on the same things that I know I’ll use over and over again throughout the year, like Rita Hazan Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray, Kate Somerville Anti-Bac Clearing Lotion, Caudalie Hand Cream and Body Lotion and Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil.
Seriously, so boring…
Oh! — I’m also gonna get some Shiseido Facial Cotton, because I recently discovered them, and they’re bomb.
There are a few things I’ve been wanting to try that are on my lust list, like Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (I heard about this from a few friends. It comes in a bunch of different scents, and I like the ingredient list.), and, of course, Tom Ford’s $85 Nude Dip quad, which I’ve been drooling over FOREVER.
I think the VIB sale (BTW, here’s some info about Sephora’s Beauty Insider program if you’re interested) is a good opportunity to not only spring for things you’ve been wanting to try for a while, but it’s also a great time to stock up on everyday items at a discounted price.
Aaaand speaking of that, here are some things I use all the time and swear by, and they’re all available — yay! — at Sephora.
- Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer
- Benefit 24-HR Brow Setter Shaping & Setting Gel
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- NARS Isolde Duo
- NARS Cordura Duo
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Stick
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat
- Hourglass Panoramic Lip Liner in Eden
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Foundation
- Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Burnished Copper and Spice
- Surratt Beauty Relevée Lash Curler
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist and Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix Setting Sprays
- NARS Powermatte Lip Pigments in American Woman, Walk This Way and Slow Ride
Sephora also sells literally hundreds of fragrances, which I’m sure you already know, and the VIB sale is a great time to buy fragrances, not only for yourself, but as gifts for other people (the holidays are right around the corner).
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing fragrance with epic appeal across different age groups — mom, mom-in-laws, daughters, friends, coworkers, everyone! — check out Fresh Life by Fresh, Tocca Bianca and Modern Muse by Estée Lauder.
Scent is totally personal, obvs, but those three are eminently gift-able. They’ve never let me down. And if you know anybody who likes masculine scents, try Clean Velvet Flora and Ellis Brooklyn Sci Fi.
If you need more Sephora VIB recommendations, let me know! I’m happy to help.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Don’t forget that if there’s something you want at the sale, but it’s out of stock at the time, Nordstrom does price matching.
I’m just sayin’. 😉