Thinking good thoughts for all of you who are waiting on Irma this weekend (or Jose or Katia), or dealing with the aftermath of Harvey. There are also wildfires raging out west, and a bad earthquake hit Mexico.
Basically, it’s been a rough couple of weeks in this hemisphere. I hope it’s OK if we talk about fluffy things for a bit and maybe take our minds off the heavy things.
I’ll go first: French toast. I’m craving it, but I don’t have any brioche in the house, which is a (minor) travesty, but…
Wait — WHAT? You haven’t had brioche French toast?! Girl. Let me blow your mind. Next time you make French toast, instead of using regular ol’ wheat or white bread, make it with a buttery brioche.
I got a sliced loaf of brioche at TJ’s last week and used the whole thing for what turned out to be THE BEST French toast I’ve ever had. Light, fluffy and just the perfect amount of sweetness (like King’s Hawaiian Sweet Bread). I’ll never be able to look at non-brioche French toast the same way again.
In other news…
Today is a cleaning day. 🙁 Bluh. But it has to get done, right? It’s so totally and completely uninspiring and boring, and I feel like the broken-est of broken records talking about cleaning yet again, but it never goes away. Huzzah, cleaning!
I want to clean the bathroom extra well because the Coywolf has expressed an interest in potty training. She watches me, and I can see the little gears at work trying to figure out what’s going on, so we’re gonna get that started. If you have any potty training tips, please drop your knowledge in the comments, because I need all the help I can get!
Purr usual, I jotted down some of the interesting articles and blog posts I came across this week that I thought you’d also appreciate.
Got your coffee? OK, let’s go. 🙂
- NOOOOO! This is really disappointing because I loved this magazine. Nylon is shutting down their print publication. 🙁 Dang! I’m so bummed about this! It’s so irreverent and outrageously creative. I LOVED the beauty section.
- Oh, the brights in these gorgeously pigmented liquid lipsticks from Dior look extra great!
- No, I’m not making this sh*t up: someone out there thought that the women of the world needed to contour their vaginas, so they invented a vagina highlighter…
- Do you ever shop at ASOS? When I was pregs with the Coywolf I bought a few maternity dresses from them. One of them fell apart after washing it once…but I wore the other two all the time toward the end of her time in my tum. Looks like they’re launching a new ASOS makeup line. I think the packaging looks very chic and cute.
- I’m happy to see my ride-or-die Surratt curler on this list of best eyelash curlers for different eye shapes.
- Essie has ’90s vibes in their fall collection.
- Who else loves wearing berry shades in the fall? Here are 14 berry lip colors under $12!
- Um…do you have $750 burning a hole in your pocket? If so, do you wanna buy the wig Vivien Leigh wore in A Streetcar Named Desire? I’m sure there’s someone out there who can say “yes” to these two things.
- 3 cruelty-free beauty products everyone needs
- What role does climate change play in the hurricanes sweeping the Atlantic?
- Advice for women going through difficult times from a woman who lost her father, husband and had a miscarriage over a period of six weeks.
- Cut these seven words from your vocabulary to sound more confident at work.
- Black Mirror is on this list (YES!) of British TV shows you should be watching.
I hope you and your families are safe and sound this weekend. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,