This is what happens when you’re a toddler who watches Leap!, an animated movie on Netflix about a French orphan who dreams of becoming a ballerina, over and over and over again for a month… You go to Tiny Toes Ballet for the first time and stomp-walk into the center of the room like you’re auditioning for a principal role in The Nutcracker.
Oh, and if you’re wondering what it’s like to attend a toddler ballet class, it’s similar to watching a very cheerful but somewhat desperate person try to herd cats for 40 minutes.
The instructors do their best to encourage the children to follow them, and even try to bribe them with stickers and coloring pages, but ultimately the little dancers do what they want, when they want, and go where they want, and that includes posing and twirling with very serious ballet faces, ha ha ha!
Now, for this week’s reading list…
A few years ago, when I was only washing my hair two or three times a week, I relied heavily on dry shampoo on the days in between to get me through life. Now that I’ve fallen back into the habit of washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner, or just doing a conditioner co-wash, every day, I only use dry shampoo maybe once a week.
Why am I telling you this?
Well, I’m kind of relieved I broke my dry shampoo addiction because according to some people in the hair industry, too much (I’m not sure how much is too much, though) dry shampoo can be bad and can lead to thinning hair or even permanent hair loss.
Seriously, this is a thing: chicken wings dipped in gold.
Would you eat them? GIRL. I would order the wings, scrape off the gold, take it home in a Tupperware (covertly, of course), and have someone make me a charm for my favorite necklace!
- Speaking of noms, what makes chocolate-chip cookies ? so addictive? According to some researchers, they’re as addictive as cocaine, holy crap!
- ***FANCY LADY THINGS ALERT*** Christian Louboutin is launching a cream eyeshadow, and it’s $50 per shade.
- Every town in America has a hair salon, a nail salon… Could a makeup salon be the next big thing? Own Your Wonder, located in Washington, D.C., is a beauty bar where clients can walk in and get à la carte makeup services. They do makeup for special occasions, big events, and they also do everyday makeup for peeps who want a touch-up for a big meeting or a date.
Prices start at just $15!
I would totally go if there was one in my town.
- How to wear blush if you have rosacea
Remember when “Glow” wasn’t only a Netflix show about ’80s lady wrestlers? Back in the day (like, 2002), Glow was also a celebrity fragrance by Jennifer Lopez, and according to this story it’s the best celebrity perfume of all time.
Fun fact: The nose who formulated Glow was veteran perfumer Louise Turner. She went on to create Love by Chloé and Margiela’s Lazy Sunday Morning.
- Oh, the horror! Cats — mysterious creatures they are — are now losing their privacy because of technology. Yes, the same gizmos used to track prisoners on parole are now being used to monitor cats…
- This, of course, leads us to the eternal question pondered by cat ladies across the millennia: Does your cat actually hate you?
This new service in New York is like Rent the Runway, but for workout clothes. (Yes, you read that right.) Now you, too, can sweat in previously worn leggings and sports bras!
Here, kitty, kitty, kitty…
Here’s what nail polish is made from…
I can’t handle the cuteness.
What it’s like to walk your dog in Switzerland
How beautiful is that video of Switzerland?? Makes me wish we were there right now twirling around in a field like in the beginning of The Sound of Music.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,