Hey there, sweet pea. Happy Caturday!
I have a theory that if there’s ever anything I’ve felt or believed, chances are, someone else out there has felt or believed it too, soooooo…let’s talk hair.
I know it’s insignificant in the universal scheme of things, but I’ve been feeling kinda low-grade “meh” lately because of various voracious viruses over the past month since Connor started preschool, and I’ve only really started feeling like myself again in the last few days, so yesterday I forced myself to style my hair for the first time in weeks, even though I really just wanted to put it up in a messy bun and forget about it…
But you know what? I feel so much more functional when my hair is done.
Is that weird?
It’s like when I wear pajamas all day long… Whenever I do it, I feel crappy and unmotivated to do anything at all, and apparently it’s the same way for me with hair. When I take the time to style it and do at least a little something to smooth my bangs and curl a few pieces framing my face, I feel better and more capable of heading out into the world.
Anywho…are you like that too?
By the way, the base makeup I’m wearing here is the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Liquid Concealer and Genius Magic Powder combo I talked about the other day, and I just have to say it again: It’s SO GOOD. Also, the lipstick is MAC Powder Kiss in Sultriness. 🙂
Now onto this week’s reading…
- What you need to know before getting your upper lip or eyebrows waxed
- This hurricane map is bringing out everyone’s 13-year-old sense of humor (and yes, I laughed too!).
- If you’re struggling with growing out your brows, all is not lost!
- In case you were unaware, butt masks and vaginal care products are growing categories in the beauty biz.
- Text messaging may be the newest way beauty brands sell you their products.
- If you’re an Amazon Prime member, each week throughout October, you can get 30% off a different category of beauty products at Whole Foods.
- What do you think of side-split jeans? Love ’em or loathe ’em? I’m gonna pass…
- Speaking of jeans, there are some awesome sales happening at Old Navy right meow, including $15 jeans.
- Tom Ford is expanding the F–king Fabulous fragrance line.
- Remember when Origins sold makeup? They stopped for a while, but now they’re throwing their hat back in the ring with a new lipstick launch.
- How preschools in Iceland teach gender equality is fascinating!
- Um…just in case you have $17 million earmarked for a single pair of shoes…
- Why does your cat chew your hair while you’re sleeping? This feline expert answers your burning kitty behavioral questions.
- Even though Tabs would just end up sleeping in the box these fancy kitty beds came in, I kinda want one of these spaceship-inspired cat beds anyway.
I’d eat these snacks late at night, but I probably wouldn’t make them, LOL!
I just discovered Kim Soane (she’s a makeup artist for Bobbi Brown), and I’m just a wee bit obsessed with her.
I was in the car the other day and heard this song for the first time in years. Yes, I lost my damn mind, LOL!
Have a good day today, OK? See ya later.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,