Happy Caturday, my friend!
One of the perks of adulting 24/7 is that you can actively pursue unapproved, unsanctioned frivolous endeavors, like buying yourself an advent calendar from Trader Joe’s and opening everything at once WEEKS before the actual holiday officially starts!
Having the freedom to do things like this almost — almost — makes up for having to deal with people stealing your parking spot. Or, for having to pay the bills. Forever.
(Kinda sorta. Not really.)
Quick TJ’s advent calendar update
I’ve been using a few of the things from my new 12 Days of Beauty Calendar this week, and all I have to say is, “HELLO, YUM-YUMS,” because everything I’ve tried so far smells like food!
Delicious-smelling delights are to be found in the…
- Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub: This smells exactly like a fresh blueberry smoothie, and the grains are the perfect level of “scrubiness,” in that they aren’t too aggressively gritty or too unhelpfully gentle.
- Warm Vanilla Body Butter: The scent of hella bougie vanilla extract will follow you around for hours when you slather this thick, moisturizing butter on your bod.
I need an XXL size tub of this ASAP.
- Brown Sugar Scrub: How many people are singing D’angelo to themselves when they use this in the shower I wonder? Hmm… It’s super moisturizing (watch out, though, because it makes the bottom of the bathtub slippery after you rinse off), and the sugar grains are substantial. It smells like freshly baked sugar cookies.
- Rose Facial Oil: This scent of this light, yet hydrating, face oil takes me back to my childhood, when my friends and I would roll up to the Asian store and buy French rose pastille hard candies!
If you live near a TJ’s, I recommend grabbing one for yourself (and the ladies in your life) ASAP. It’s sooooo good, you guys.
Anywho…since it’s Caturday and all, Rosie Posie wanted to say a quick “meow” from her own personal fainting couch, which is also known as “Connor’s big girl bed.”
These girls have the cutest bedtime ritual. Every night, right before bed, Rosie hangs around and listens while I sing Connor her goodnight lullabies and read her a book. Then, when I turn off the light and leave the room, Rosie hops on the bed and stays with Connor till she falls asleep.
Every day I learn a little more about Rosie and fall more in love. 🙂
On that note, here’s this week’s reading…
- This reusable $7 beauty spatula is designed to scrape out every last morsel of goodness from your beauty products. WANT!
- The best drugstore primers, according to makeup artists
- 16 under-the-radar skincare products beloved by dermatologists
- *The* must-have beauty item that active members of the military always pack when they’re deployed might surprise you.
- What to do when you try a new product and your skin freaks-the-eff out
- Red lipstick superstars under $10
- Allegedly, these half-sized Christmas trees prevent curious kitties from attacking ornaments, but I’m pretty sure Tabs would’ve still found a way to destroy one…
- How to use beauty products that you probably have sitting around your house to remover stickers from books!
- Who, exactly, is Estée Laundry?
I’m so ready.
Pecan or pumpkin pie?
Note to self
Don’t believe me, just watch.
Step by step
What’s on your plate for today? I hope you’re doing at least a little something for yourself, and I hope it feeds your soul.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,