Yes, I know it’s CAT-urday, but here’s a pic of Detective Stabler with a very sad-looking Golden Retriever puppy…just because. 🙂
Speaking of fantabulous shows, I needed a brief Midsomer Murder marathon break, so I started watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu.
Dude. This show? Incredible! It’s haunting and beautiful and disturbing and thought-provoking and knocks my socks off on the regular!
The 20-second summary: a militaristic religious fundamentalist group rises to power in a dystopian United States where a mysterious calamity has made most of the men and women sterile, except for these so-called “handmaids,” who are basically people who exists solely to produce babies.
It’s based on a book by Margaret Atwood of the same name, and Elisabeth Moss from Mad Men plays the main character, Offred.
I mean…once upon a time I thought that zombies were the scariest things about the apocalypse, but NOPE! I was wrong.
They’re only up to four episodes so far, and new ones come out weekly on Hulu, so you could catch up fast.
PLEASE watch it if you get a chance, and let me know! I want to talk about it.
The show also uses music in really cool, interesting ways. Like, I’ve had Don’t You Forget About Me by Simple Minds stuck in my head all week.
Sooo much ’80s realness right there. 🙂 Talk about the soundtrack of my childhood.
Moving on now… Here are some beauty articles that grabbed my attention this week.
- The ultimate lazy girl’s guide to 2017 summer makeup collections
- Some remarkable women in history that you may (or may not) have known about, like Constanza Ceruti, the only female high-altitude archaeologist in the world, and Mary Ann Shadd Cary, who was the first African-American newspaper editor in North America.
- I kind of love how this sheet makes makes you look like 🦇 Batman. Oh, yeah — it’s supposed to help with wrinkles, too.
- In case you hadn’t noticed, Estée Lauder is kicking butt right now.
- Take a peek inside Laura Mercier’s (yes, *the* Laura Mercier) makeup bag.
- In this week’s thrilling installment of Crazy Things Seen on Instagram…people are using their iPhones to blend products.
- Birkenstock (as in the shoe brand) has a new skin care line.
I mean, if Christian Louboutin can do it…
- 13 matte foundations for peeps with oily skin
- Raul (a.k.a. the bald spot in my eyebrow) is very intrigued by these two-toned brow pencils by Stroke of Beauty.
- Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about tote bags! Fun fact: tote bags were first introduced in the 1940s to carry ice.
- I’m thinking that my next career should be red carpet celebrity beard wrangler…
Yes, this is a real job.
- Clarins has new Lip Oils, including a mint green one. Want!
- The cutest margarita mani tutorial that I ever did see.
- Ooh! Here are some of Rae’s favorite drugstore beauty tool gems.
- 5 products you need for the easiest beauty routine.
- I have to admit that I can’t understand a word on MAC Karrie’s Blog, but her pictures of Acqua Di Parma Arancia di Capri perfume need no translation. Breathtaking!
- I’m so inspired by this extensive list of SO MUCH makeup inspiration from K-Pop Beauty. (Lots of inspiring going on there.)
- Six simple habits of lucky people.
- How L’Oréal is turning itself into a sustainability leader
- Pat McGrath’s Ultraviolet Blue was MADE for smoky looks.
Have a great rest of your day and a wonderful weekend if I don’t see you at the SpaceNK Larkspur meetup this afternoon.
Do something fun, and I’ll talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,