¡Y feliz Cinco de Mayo! ??
I love to travel and “get outta Dodge,” so to speak, even if it’s just to head out of town for a couple days to visit my in-laws, like we did last weekend. It’s good for a change of scenery and to break your routines for a bit. And then it also makes the return to those comfy routines all the sweeter when you get back home, ya know?
So, this weekend… Oh, good morning, by the way! 🙂 I’m just rattling on, LOL! I had my coffee early and it’s kicking in.
Anyway, what was I saying…?
Oh, yeah, TRAVEL. I would love to be chilling in Punta de Mita today, maybe catch a few waves at Sayulita, but the furthest I intend to go this weekend is to the gardening store down the street to see if they have any herbs to plant in the pots I grabbed from HomeGoods the other day.
Which takes me to other thing I have planned today — good ol’-fashioned spring cleaning. I don’t want to do it, but it has to be done.
Speaking of HomeGoods, doesn’t that measuring cup with the blue kitty in the top pic look like something Anthropolgie would sell for $45?
Guess who found it at HomeGoods for $7.99. 🙂 Yup, this girl.
- According to Sir John (my spirit animal, and Beyoncé’s makeup artist), this is what you need to do so your cream blush looks like skin.
- This writer accidentally ripped out her lashes, and I totally feel her pain. Here’s how she grew them back.
- When you’re thinking about what to get mom for Mother’s Day, would you consider a $1,400 Gucci sweatshirt? $86 drinking glasses? A $310 one-piece swimsuit?! If so, then check out this over-the-top Mom’s Day gift guide — by The Wall Street Journal, so random!
I need that Revlon stick blush in my life, STAT.
According to New York City dermatologist Dr. Rachel Nazarian, there are basically only two types of acne, inflammatory (red, painful cysts) and non-inflammatory (whiteheads and blackheads), and here’s how she develops a patient’s treatment plan.
Oh, and speaking of acne treatments, people used to do lots of sketchy things back in the day, including using mercury, cyanide and cow poop applied to one’s face.
- Apparently, these iconic ’80s beauty products have withstood the test of time and are still beloved today.
- I spent about 30 minutes doing my own makeup for my senior portrait (which was a long time for me back in the day), so props to this 18-year-old high school senior, who spent four hours painting his face for his senior pics. Kevin Kodra, who also works as a makeup artist on the side, used lots of creams to create his bronzed, glowing look.
- The artistry in this took my breath away. I could never pull off these extra-long nails (figuratively) and bejeweled embellishments because I can barely type if my nails are a millimeter too long, so I’m wondering how the ladies who wear extra OTT styles get anything done! — but hey, if you can function with talons, more power to ya!
- Perfumes eventually expire after exposure to oxygen, light and bacteria, but there’s a small but growing niche of perfume retailers who sell vintage perfumes as if they’re fine wines.
If I play my cards right and get my errands done, I’d also like to stop by the library to grab a new book, because reading is fundamental! Are you reading anything good right meow?
Happy Cinco de Mayo, babe. Talk to you soon. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,