Kitty toe beans before breakfast? YES, PLEASE. It’s Caturday, after all, and Rosie’s pretty pink torbie toe beans are putting some spring 🌼🌻🌺 in my step.
I’m about to load up on allergy meds because El Hub and I are going to attempt to do some yard work. We’re in the beginning stages of a DIY front yard makeover, and I know this much about it: there will be no planting of yummy and delicious foliage, because the last time El Hub attempted a yard makeover, he planted pansies, and the neighborhood deer family treated our front yard like it was a drive-through buffet!
Which leads me to this question for the gardeners out there: what do you think about hydrangeas? Are there are any cat-safe and deer-resistant varieties?
I really like how they look, but I don’t have any experience growing them. Any info you can share is much appreciated!
Well, I better go don my grubby gardening clothes now. Time to get my hands into some dirt! Here’s your Saturday Surfing reading for the week. 👩🏻🌾
- “I got addicted, used to seeing my face with contour.” <--------- Lizzo said this recently about how being addicted to makeup shifted her perception of herself based on what she always saw in the mirror. I know this feeling all too well, which is partly why I hardly ever wear false lashes and sculpt my nose and cheekbones these days.
- Be on the lookout for hairy, drunk neighbors bearing baked goods (yes, you just read that), because Americans are purchasing fewer shaving and beauty products during the shelter-in-place orders, and loading up on baking supplies and (surprise!) alcohol.
- I’m happy and thankful that people are taking the shelter-in-place seriously (it was recently extended through May in this part of California), but I also REALLY miss things from our pre-March life…like popping into Sephora to spray a new perfume on my wrist, and restaurant food, and… I could go on.
Anyway, here’s a deep dive into one of my favorite fragrance lines with Maison Francis Kurkdjian…and when we finally all go back to our new version of Back to Real Life 2.0, try to hunt down Maison Francis Kurkdijian Femin Pluriel and give it a sniff. It’s my favorite.
- Psychologists break down how to stop biting and licking your lips, a habit otherwise known as a body-focused repetitive behavior (or BFRB) — any self-imposed action that causes damage to the skin, hair or nails.
- Artificial intelligence is being used in the perfume world now and, FYI, we’re about two shakes away from entering the Matrix, Neo! OK…maybe not, but it *is* fascinating to me that a machine — which has no sense of smell or memories linked to scent — can combine fragrance notes in ways that we as humans would arguably never dream of putting together. 🤖❤️
- Here’s a look at Marilyn Monroe’s skin routine prescribed by Hungarian dermatologist Dr. Erno Laszlo. (Psst… It involved an oil cleanse.)
- If you’re a front-line worker or know one who could use this info, please pass it along: How to Care for Your Skin If You Wear PPE at Work, According to Dermatologists.
- In a surprise to absolutely no one, cats are sabotaging Zoom calls by demanding chin scratches, food and attention. 😼
- Feeling like a motivated cat lady today? Why not crochet a tiny couch for your best feline friend?!
- For the beauty lover who has everything: a Chanel USB flash drive in the shape of a Rouge Coco Flash lipstick.
Me and Connor in 20 years.
For my birthday this year, I’m gonna ask El Hub to make one of these for Rosie.
Why was watching this so satisfying?
I love Monika’s makeup style.
Been doing this guided breath work meditation first thing in the morning all week long.
Got any socially distanced plans for today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,