FYI, IMO, applying mascara is a perishable skill.
It is NOT like riding a bike, where once your brain makes the connections and you “get it,” you never forget it. No, if you don’t use your mascara application skills, you lose ’em, man.
Yet another thing I’ve learned this month…
I was reminded of this valuable life lesson yesterday because I wore a considerable amount of makeup in public for the first time in weeks, which I did because I met a friend at Panera down the street for lunch, and then ran a few errands afterward.
I did foundation, concealer, brows, cream blush and cream eyeshadow, and then came the mascara.
Sigh… The mascara.
I don’t know where I took a wrong turn, but somewhere along the way it did. (It may have been at the fifth or sixth coat.)
There was also a completely useless lash comb up in the mix, which, instead of separating my lashes, gathered them together into large spikes, and then those spikes somehow combined into one massive mega spike.
I looked like an anime character gone so, so wrong…
Has this ever happened to you? I mean, I realize that I was the one holding the wand and the comb; therefore, I’m ultimately responsible for everything that happened with them, but I swear, it felt like I was possessed by a spiteful makeup demon 👹 who really, REALLY wanted a good laugh.
Also, on the positive side, even though my lashes were a hot mess, when I looked in the mirror, I didn’t look sad. 😊
On that note, this week’s beauty reading…
- What skin care experts say you should do to your face before and after you work up a sweat at the gym.
- This new line of nontoxic skin care drops at Target on the 19th, and everything in it is $20 or less.
- Some tips for those who pick at their skin. (Side note: I struggled with this when my acne was at its worst, and I feel your pain.)
- Um…can somebody do this to my gray hair, please?
- 7 semi-permanent dyes that work great for black hair, according to Essence
- Have you bought a CHI hairdryer lately? Their Lava hairdryers are being recalled.
- In case your dog needs a HUGE fluffy hair dryer…
- Here’s why some cats look like they’re wearing socks.
- What to consider if you’re thinking about adopting a kitty
- If you do decide to adopt a furry friend, here’s some basic cat care tips to keep your feline friend happy and healthy.
- New Yorkers, please keep an eye out for Lexi, the missing bodega cat.
Two of my favorites on one track
Life is short, so don’t waste your free time!
I think Keanu may only be in this movie for about two seconds, but I’ll watch it anyway (it stars my twin, Ali Wong).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,