Happy Saturday, friend. 😊 Good morning. I hope you slept well. Today promises to be a colorful day here thanks to a new box of sidewalk chalk (a present from my brother!). For weeks, Connor and I have been hop-scotching and garage-floor-doodling with the last shards and slivers of sidewalk chalk we had because, apparently, sidewalk chalk, like hand sanitizer, is scarce ’round these parts. There are lots of chalk artists out there. Getting a new box felt like finding pirate treasure!
We didn’t even blink when we saw the few broken bits, because you know what they say… You take what you can get when it comes to sidewalk chalk during a pandemic. 🤷♀️
- Does wearing makeup interfere with the effectiveness of a mask? According to dermatologist Dr. Carrie L. Kovarik, the answer is no; however, the combo of foundation, lipstick, perspiration, hot breath and friction can irritate your skin.
- There’s an “ugly makeup revolution” happening, and yes, it’s a real thing. The term was coined by Berlin-based makeup artist and activist Eszter Magyar, and it refers to makeup that pushes back on the typical Instagram selfie face on social media. “Pearls glued to skin, rimming an eyelid like so many warts. Black scribbled words across a red-painted face, screaming at the viewer to ‘eat the rich.’ Pollack-like splatters of blue on yellow lips. There’s something dreamlike about them. Some are playful and childlike – Dr Seuss would approve. But others are sinister and menacing, aggressive and slightly brutal. They look like they hurt to wear, and some of them do.”
- COOL! ——-> Speaking of atypical makeup, this makeup artist paints her ears with tiny scenes. 🍄🧚♀️🦄
- The makeup artist behind HBO’s Euphoria, Kirsten Coleman, hosted a Zoom virtual makeup tutorial yesterday.
- Makeup brand e.l.f. is teaming up with Chipotle (as in the build your own burritos)… All I have to say to this is 1) what the hell? And 2), is guac extra? 😂
- Favorite read of the week ——-> In the Coronavirus Crisis, I Can’t Visit My Sick Mother — So I Wear Her Perfume Instead.
- The low-down on skin care cult classic Biologique Recherche P50 lotion.
- Some dermatologists are unbothered by blue light.
- These are the trendy nail shades for summer 2020, according to J. Lo’s manicurist, Tom Bachik.
- Maybelline just launched a new line of fast-drying nail polishes.
Base for those who don’t like wearing foundation.
Wait for the trombones!!!
Welcome to my youth.
When I lived in SF, I’d go to this beach all the time.
LOOK AT TERRY’S CRAFT ROOM!
How are you doing today? Speaking for myself, I see an afternoon nap in my future…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,