Goooooooood morning, beautiful girl! 🌷 As we say in our house, I think you’re beautiful inside and out. The outside stuff? — it’s all temporary. It’s the inside stuff that’s important, and I think you’re beautiful on the inside.
Watcha got planned for the day? Aside from the usual Caturday chores (Side note… At the top of the list is to carry Tabs around like a newborn baby, since he woke up acting *extra* needy.), I plan to paint my nails, and yes, those plans will probably involve pastels, ha ha ha!
I’m ready to say bye to that pastel peach Sally Hansen Mega Strength mani at the top, which made it five days before “peace-ing out” on me.
I was a little surprised it didn’t last quite as long as the other colors I’ve tried from the line (Boss Gloss and She-Ro made it to seven days before big chips appeared). The only thing I did differently was, well…I had a bad cold, so I was blowing my nose a lot. I wonder… Could blowing the living crap outta your nostrils cause that much wear and tear on your nails? I don’t know. At any rate, it’s time for this nail polish to GO.
Your beauty reading for the week…
- 70-year-old makeup artist Sandy Linter has painted the faces of Iman and Cindy Crawford, and she has this to say about makeup: “Wear the makeup, don’t have it wear you. Instead of trying to hide flaws, enhance what you’ve got.”
- Top tips from dermatologists on how to increase your skin’s tolerance to handling irritating products like retinol.
- On that note, here’s what derms think every 40-something should be doing for better skin.
- Just in case you were wondering how to get Jon Snow’s hair from Game of Thrones (it’s a legit concern, apparently).
- Got fur babies? OF COURSE YOU DO. These are supposedly the best vacuums to handle all that pet hair!
- Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? How about something from this roundup of 24 absolutely horrendous vintage recipes?
- Why your 3-year-old acts like a threenager, and side note, WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
Me and Coywolf in a few years
Cue the soundtrack to my ’80s childhood…
Shirley Manson, forever my style icon
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ‘k? 🙂 It’s the last one in March. I hope you do something fun. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,