Happy Saturday, sweet friend. 💕 How’s it going? What are you up to this weekend?
I have a pretty packed agenda on this end because the Coywolf turns four on Monday (can you believe it?), when she’ll be in school, so we’re doing the celebrating this weekend. I’m making her annual celebratory birthday lasagna, also some cupcakes, and tonight we’re going to Disney on Ice (very excited about that!).
Also, while all of this happens, I plan to be wearing that NARS palette up at the top. In my quest to clean and streamline my makeup collection, I rediscovered it. I made it a while back and realized it needs more love. 💕💖💗💓 So love it shall have.
Oh! — I almost forgot it’s leap year. What are you doing for your extra day today? Any leap day birthdays out there? Inquiring minds want to know.
And now, onward to our weekly reading…
- Transforming Taylor Swift into a man for her new The Man video took a team of experts, and prosthetics, a muscle suit, facial sculptures, a beard, eyebrows and a wig.
- Salt-n-Pepa have a ’90s-themed makeup collab coming out with drugstore brand Milani! OMG! They were the soundtrack of my youth, buuuuuut I cannot be the only person wondering where the heck Spinderella is…
- What pro makeup artists use and love for cleaning their brushes…
- My favorite story of the week: This reporter accidentally enabled some filters on his phone before filming a weather segment. 🤣👍👏
- Veterinarian Dr. Kwane Stewart spends his free time driving around California treating the beloved pets who belong to people and families living on the streets.
- I agree with most of the things on this list of things people say that indicate they aren’t from the Bay Area.
- Forbes is shining a spotlight on 50 women over 50, and all I have to say is OH, HELL YES!
- Ooh, cat ladies! Michigan photographer Kitty Schaub did a “newborn” photoshoot of her daughter’s new kitten, Luna, and the results may make you want to do something similar with your kitty, ASAP. 🐈💓😊
- You just never know when someone is carrying a heavy load, and this is a call for all of us to be gentler and more compassionate with each other.
- These pie crusts are so beautiful that they’re almost too pretty to eat (almost).🥧
Who knew messy buns could have so much variety?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,