Hi, friend! Happy Caturday. To get your weekend started right, here’s a shot of my torbie girl’s toebeans:
I’ve made it my mission in life to accurately capture the colors of her toebeans in pics, because, quite frankly, they’re pawsome. The bottom of her feet are calico! How cute is that!?
Speaking of my girls, this week Connor Claire had one last “hurrah” with her former classmates from the honeybee class at preschool.
They held a social distance graduation for the four-year-old class in the parking lot, and gosh…it’s amazing how fast kids grow at this age. They all look so different than they did a few months ago! The girls who had long hair have even longer hair now, and everyone looks taller.
Preschools and summer camps are starting to reopen here now, but El Hub and I still aren’t sure what to do or how to handle it. Like so many families across the country, we’re weighing the risks and our own family circumstances. It’s hard to plan when there are so many things out of your control.
Sigh… Just taking things one day at a time.
On a lighter note…I tried a new dinner recipe for sheet pan baked sweet and sour meatballs, and the fam LOVED it. 🙂 Connor kindly offered her sous chef expertise by mixing the sweet-and-sour sauce and rolling the meatballs! If you’re looking for an easy dinner you can make with a little one, this one’s perfect. VERY KID FRIENDLY!
The dish was so good that I forgot to take a snapshot beforehand, LOL! I ate my meatballs with Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry, and El Hub and Connor had it with white rice. I’m going to make some more today and double the recipe so I can freeze some for later.
- Puig, the Spanish company behind Paco Rabanne perfumes, just spent $1.5 billion dollars to acquire a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury makeup. I wonder how this will effect the line, which is one of my faves!
- A brief history of the makeup looks that defined rock and metal music. (Insert head bang right *here*.)
- Never thought I’d ever type this sentence: How to adjust your makeup routine when wearing a face mask.
- After I read this article — “A Scented Diary of a Lockdown” — in The New York Times, I walked into my bathroom, grabbed EL Hub’s Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, and doused myself with it. LOL! Then I planned my perfumes for the rest of the week.
- Should you keep perfume in the fridge?
- If you’re looking to do a little shopping in the near future, may I suggest putting one of these 68 black-owned fashion and beauty brands on your radar? Or, perhaps one of the businesses on this list of 25 black-owned beauty and fashion brands?
- Don’t forget to bookmark this list of 10 black-owned nail polish brands while you’re at it (note to self).
- Speaking of nail polish, these brands are supposed to be some of the sturdiest around.
- Skin care products to avoid if you’re going to attend a protest.
PRESS PLAY. You will not regret it.
Lots of things to learn here
Stevie 4 ever
Patti, you’re a gem.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend. I hope you’re able to recharge your batteries.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,