Heya, friend. 😊 Good morning and welcome to summer! It’s officially summertime in the Northern Hemisphere. On a normal year, Connor and I would be spending lazy days at the pool…
Our homeowners association pool just opened for the season, and I’ve seen a few of my neighbors lounging about, but I’m still deciding whether to brave the water. There’s a big sign on the front gate with all of the new COVID guidelines, and I’m a little nervous about running into, well…people. I joke all the time about how the lockdown has turned me into a bit of a recluse. I’m pretty outgoing under normal circumstances, but not so much now. 😬
Am I the only one?
- In this week’s edition of “Food-Related Collaborations,” Morphe’s launching a new limited edition makeup collection with Coca-Cola.
- Quick question — would you buy makeup and skincare products by Kanye West?
- Apparently, the pandemic has ushered in an era of false lashes and Crocs (as in the shoes).
- Ah, to be wed during a pandemic… Here’s how brides who celebrated with socially distanced weddings prepared for their big day.
- Makeup artists answer seven burning beauty questions.
- A short history on the origins of perfume.
- Creative ways beauty pros are facing the pandemic.
- A pregnant dermatologist breaks down her pregnancy skincare routine.
- A woman charged with burning police cars is tracked down because of her (wait for it) eyebrows.
- Why do cats like hanging out in boxes so much?
- The best bronzers for black skin.
Just in case it’s hotter than hades there and you need to feel like you’re next to a body of water…
Why don’t you come over, Valerie?
This is so fun. 😃
She does justice to my favorite Soundgarden song.
Another throwback fave…
I like doing this 5-minute workout to warm up my body.
Connor walked into my office while I was watching this and started cracking up! (“Mommy, *WHAT* are you watching?”)
I really wanted to bake today, but it’s supposed to be 80 degrees here, so I’m not sure I want to turn on the oven… Yes, I’m a weather wimp.
What are you up to this weekend? Doing anything for Father’s Day? We’re taking El Hub out to Marin French Cheese (it’s open again!) for a picnic. It’ll be nice to do something we haven’t done in a while.
Hope you’re doing something fun. Have a nice weekend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,