Hello and welcome to the weekend, my friend!
In this umpteenth chapter of “Why, yes, I’m a crazy cat lady,” please allow me to point out 1) the marbling on Rosie’s front paw, 2) her orange patch (!) and 3) her two delicate pink toe beans.
I was able to snap this shot moments before she gently swatted my hand with her paw, which is her version of scratching my eyes out. She’s so very gentle…except when she isn’t trying to trip and murder me when I walk down the stairs…
You know how cats roll. If they aren’t about to end you, then they aren’t living their best life.
Anywho, this week was a good one. I celebrated my birthday by dipping my toes in the water at the beach (McNear’s in San Rafael, which is about 15 minutes south of here), and I officially stepped into my mid-40s wearing a pair of Air Jordans.
For my birthday meal, I wanted In-N-Out Burger, and so for the first time in months, I ate a meal that I didn’t have to cook myself. I would’ve taken a picture of my Double Double with grilled onions, but I was too busy scarfing it down, ha ha ha!
- Summer’s just around the corner, and if it’s hot in your neck of the woods, you might want to check out this list of makeup artist-approved sweat-proof products. I was happy to see that Marc Reagan was quoted in this piece! He did my makeup years ago for a Bobbi Brown event at Neiman Marcus, and he was just the nicest, most knowledgeable person.
- So *this* is how Charlotte Tilbury gets all-over coverage without using a lot of foundation.
- Sometimes I watch Bravo reality TV shows just so I can look at the makeup. (I can’t be the only one who does this!) This list features 22 talented black makeup artists behind Bravo’s iconic beauty looks. Yay! I have so many new artists to follow on Instagram now.
- Since we’re wearing a lot of masks these days, you may be wondering how to keep the skin under your mask healthy and keep what shows above it looking good? Here’s what the experts suggest doing.
- Sharon Chuter, founder of Uoma beauty, launched the #pulluporshutup campaign to push beauty brands to reveal the demographic composition of their workforce.
- Do you see any of your go-to lines in this list of 16 iconic French fragrance brands? I’m happy to see a couple of my favorites — Maison Francis Kurkdjian and Annick Goutal.
- Speaking of scents, here are seven new ones that supposedly smell like summer.
- Walmart says it will no longer store multicultural cosmetic products in security cases inside its stores.
REGULATORS! MOUNT UP!
Some food for thought
Please talk me out of doing this. I’m about to order three pairs of scissors on Amazon!
Currently on repeat
Whatcha got going on this weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,