Good morning and happy Caturday! — and, dun-dun-dun! — happy National Lipstick Day. Celebrating lipsticks nationally, all across the land. ?
This whole week I kept planning to wear a bright and crazy color on the actual day, but I ended up wearing one of my go-to MAC everyday pinkish browns, Creme in Your Coffee , and I’m actually going to wear it when I head out to Starbucks to get a coffee in just a bit.
Speaking of MAC, if you happen to be headed to the counter or store this morning, they’re giving away free full-sized lipsticks to celebrate National Lipstick Day. You don’t have to buy anything, either, just show up! Get there early, though, because it’s while supplies last.
Before you go, if you’re interested in doing a little more reading, here are a few stories that caught my eye this week…
- Super Mario cosmetics are coming to Japan! Seriously! On that note, does anybody in Japan wanna track these down for me?!
- Totally down for this: the glorious ’90s aquatic perfume genre is back.
- Luxury beauty brands may soon be coming to Amazon.
- How to use acids and retinols in a skincare routine
- A solar eclipse is coming, and here’s what you’ll see from where you live (this tool is U.S. only).
- Sephora tries a teeny, tiny store format.
- How It Cosmetics became a top-selling beauty brand
- Pretty matte and metallic palettes by Stila
- Techniques to help you practice positivity
- 50 ways women entrepreneurs can fund their businesses
- I have no desire to be in a giant maze (I’m a little claustrophobic), but if I had to be stuck in one, it would be the giant lavender labyrinth in West Michigan.
- Millennials are buying homes, not for kids or marriage, but for their dogs.
- Boomer parents: “One day, this will all be yours.” Grown children: “Noooo!” Seriously, though, I can relate to this sooo much. My parents tend to hang onto things, and I’m trying desperately to get them to get on the Konmari train.
- 5 ways to smell like the beach
- Yellow eyeshadow is a do at all ages.
- 5 habits that can make you mentally tougher.
Of course you’ve gotta listen to a song called “Lipstick” on National Lipstick Day. And yes, sometimes I listen to country music!
An acoustic version of “Gypsy,” one of my favorite songs. Love you, Stevie!
What lipstick are you wearing today?! Did you go with a bright shade or a mellow shade?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,