How you doin’, Caturday?!
I’m low-key thrilled right meow because of this unexpected discovery I found on the bottom of my Trader Joe’s New Hampshire shopping bag, which I got in one of the Trader Joe’s 1-2-3 Mystery Packs before Christmas.
It’s a — wait for it! — recipe for a maple bacon sundae. 🍁🥓🍨
How cool is this? I may never have seen it if it hadn’t been for my coworker, who also got the same bag in her Mystery Pack. She was maneuvering her New Hampshire bag sideways into the trunk of her car one day to make it fit, and that’s when she spotted the recipe on the bottom.
I swear, this bag keeps on giving…
I’m into salty-sweet combos, so I would totally get down with this sundae in a heartbeat, but when I told El Hub about it, he was grossed out and compared it to putting mint chocolate chip ice cream on ground beef…which, yeah, makes my stomach turn. But I still feel like the vanilla and bacon would work together in a sundae, because the vanilla is like a blank canvas, right? Hmm… What do you think? Yummy? Disgusting?
On that note, your Saturday reading…
- Is one of your makeup goals for 2020 to KonMari your collection (HELLO, ME!)? These storage ideas could help you quickly organize your stash. (I like the idea of the drawer inserts.)
- These eight tips to not look like you’re hungover are also good for not looking tired in general, methinks.
- What is vitamin F, and what can it do for your skin?
- Do you see any of your favorites on this list of the most popular nail polish shades of the decade (hi, Essie Mint Candy Apple!)?
- Speaking of nails, here are seven different types of manicures! (Side note: I’ve gotten a salon gel manicure before, and it trashed my nails.)
- Fun fact: Charlotte Tilbury wears makeup to bed.
- California becomes the first state to officially ban natural-hair discrimination.
- Oud, a resin used in perfumes, is often referred to as “liquid gold.”
- When is it officially too cold for your cat to go outside?
- I wanna try the Bioderma Atoderm stick ASAP.
- Writer and mom Christine Barberich gets candid about things that happen to your face when you turn 50.
- Derms say this is what *really* works for dry winter skin (hint: petroleum jelly).
If you’re in the mood to pretend you’re a flapper (hey, it happens)
Tips for brightening your under-eye area
Full coverage for dry skin
I’m all over this.
Connor has a dance recital next week, so I’m off to take her to rehearsal now. What are you up today? I hope you’ll have some time to yourself to relax.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,