Yes, that’s a liquid lipstick up there (MAC Retro Matte in Retrochrome), and yes, I am deeply contemplating using it as an eyeshadow.
I’m curious — how do you feel about using products in unintended ways? I see it all the time on Instagram lately with makeup, particularly among MAC artists. They’ll take things like lipsticks and blushes and use them on lids. I’ve even seen a few artists use a lip liner… Gosh what was the name of that one? It’s a dark purple… I think it’s called Nightmoth. I’ve seen it used as an eyeliner, and not just along the lash line, but on the water line, too.
Yeah…that kind of freaks me out, but I have used cream and powder blushes on my lids before, so I’m not one to talk. I’ve also used lipstick as an eyeshadow base, and that went OK.
I’ve never tried using a liquid lipstick as a cream eyeshadow, though, but I want to now because of this brown smoky look by one of my favorite artists, Ana Siguenza. That’s a liquid lipstick on the eyes.
I could live the rest of my life in a smokey eye. This is a brown liquid lipstick from @anastasiabeverlyhills in Bittersweet buffed, with a black pencil smudged. Lipgloss is #anastasiabeverlyhills Toffee Lipgloss. . . . . . . #makeup #makeupartist #nycmakeupartist #photography #fashionphotography #beautyblogger #creativedirector #bblogger #90s #nyc #newyorkcity #uppereastside #vegas_nay #hudabeauty #maccosmetics #anastasiabeverlyhills #itcosmetics
Ana’s cool, by the way. You should totally follow her if you aren’t already. She can do lovely natural looks and high-fashion makeup, too.
Anyway, I woke up thinking about this this morning… This, and bread. 😍🍞👩🍳
Oh, yeah! Today is bread baking day! — except, one small hitch so far, the dough I proofed in the microwave last night appears to have deflated overnight, so I have to figure that out…but hopefully either way I’m eating all teh carbs by dinner time tonight.
Before I don my apron and embark upon a baking adventure, here are some articles that caught my fancy this week…
- FYI, men also get makeovers at Sephora. This dude went in for one and documented his experience and what he calls a “smooth and judgement-free” process. I think his end result looked great, too. Very natural! I’m impressed with the brows, and I love that the artist used Make Up For Ever HD on him. It’s one of my favorite under-eye concealers. I think it’s one of the most skin-like concealers around, and I’d recommend it to any guy friend looking to hide a dark-circle situation.
- Fascinating read: Before Fenty: Over 100 Years of Black Makeup Brands. The makeup landscape for women of color was very different 30 years ago.
- If you visit this speakeasy in Austin, Texas, you can leave your own makeup mark on their kiss wall. The owners keep a supply of fresh lipstick tubes on hand specifically for this purpose.
And you’ll also get a champagne toast. 🥂
- This courageous cow 🐄 escaped her farm to join a pack of wild bison!
- People REALLY love their Nutella (I should know). Apparently, they love it enough to take off their hoop earrings and throw down at the supermarket! In France, a discount on the sweet spread led to outright riots at local grocery stores. “They are like animals. A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand,” one customer told French media (!).
100 Years of Beauty in Hawaii (Side note: this woman is SO beautiful!)
According to the speaker in this video, researcher Brené Brown, “Courage is contagious. Every time we choose courage, we make everyone around us a little better and the world a little braver.”
I hope you feel good today (it’s Caturday, after all), but if you’re feeling anxious or worried for any reason, girl, I’ve been there. I’ve been there this week! Please take some time to remind yourself that you’re loved and you’re special.
I know that sounds cheesy, but it’s important. It’s more important than brushing your teeth or filling in your brows.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,