So…movies. I’m at the point in life where it takes me three days to finish watching a movie at home. I’ll watch them in bite-sized chunks on my couch, a few minutes here and there between loads of laundry and making dinner.
Last night I finished a good one called Eighth Grade, and it only took me two days! Could this be progress?? Maybe by summer I’ll be back to actually finishing a movie in a day, ha ha!
But I digress…
I liked this one a lot. It’s fictional, but it’s very true to what I remember being an eighth grader was like. The main character, Kayla, perfectly captures the awkwardness and hopefulness I remember feeling throughout middle school.
Those years were rough, man! And can I just say bravo to the filmmakers for featuring a main character with acne and eighth graders who actually look and act like eighth graders? Even though the movie is set in 2017, it still captures how I remember feeling back then. All the memories came flooding back! — the feeling of being on the edge of something, not quite a child but not yet a teenager either.
Give it a shot if you have some time this weekend. I found it on Amazon Prime.
But before you press ‘play,’ your weekend reading…
- See, this is why I never accept drinks from strangers, even at fancy spas. You could walk out with a $22k bill, OMG!
- Fave read of the week: Washington DC-based makeup artist Carl Ray does makeup for some of the most influential women in politics.
- How Hollywood artists transformed the hair and makeup for some of the stars (including Christian Bale) of the biggest movies last year.
- The history of leggings…
- And how they became the most controversial members of the pants family.
- Speaking of leggings, these black leggings allegedly rock, AND they’re supposed to look like real pants. Um…sign me up?
- How the 10-step Korean skin care routine changed American skin care.
- The Fenty effect is a real thing, and now it’s happening in skin care.
- Peep these skin care innovations of tomorrow, including a wand that supposedly removes dark spots right before your eyes.
What happens when you Konmari a massive makeup collection…
Because I’m listening to Lizzo 24/7 right now
And because I still secretly believe Keanu and I will be married someday
Yes, THAT Keanu.
Oh, yeah, one more thing about that movie (Eighth Grade)… I’m no longer allowed to use young people slang, because I had to google “Why do kids say Gucci?” HA HA! I’m officially one step closer to retreating to the tomb in my pyramid with all of my cats and worldly belongings.
Have a good one!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,