Hiya, friend! Have you had breakfast yet? Some Saturdays I’m all about making a big breakfast with eggs, pancakes, bacon — the whole kit and caboodle — but sometimes I’m like “Naaah…” LOL!
Sometimes I need the rest more than the breakfast, ya know? So I’m just gonna chill on the couch with my cup of coffee, this episode of The Great British Baking Show Masterclass (Paul Hollywood is making baguettes!) and this delicious RX Chocolate Sea Salt Protein Bar.
Perhaps a grapefruit will be peeled and eaten… Perhaps not. We’ll see.
My friend Alis introduced me to these bars, and they’re SO good. She’s a busy hairstylist and works long days, so she’s always looking for quick healthy snacks that she can eat at the salon.
I think she gave me one of these bars while my roots were processing, haha!
Anyway, this one tastes like a brownie (and who doesn’t want brownies for breakfast?!), and they’re made with an amazingly simple list of ingredients. This one has dates, egg whites, almonds, cashews, chocolate, cocoa, “natural flavors” (eh, ya know, they want to keep their secret recipe) and sea salt.
The Chocolate Sea Salt one is my favorite flavor (Connor likes them too).
What have you been having for breakfast lately? Do you have a routine? Cereal? Oatmeal? A cheesy omelet?
In other news…
- This guy actually does pretty well! You go, Bob Herzog! (Facebook)
- Scientists ?? are having fun with Amazon reviews. They’re leaving reviews on everyday household products and beauty products like nail polish and dental floss, and describing how they use the products in actual scientific experiments.
Like, clear nail polish is used to apply pieces of brain to glass slides (no way!) and also comes in handy during species collection. (Apparently, so does dental floss, in case you were wondering.)
- Makeup artist Linda Cantello, a.k.a. THE INVENTOR OF THE SMOKY EYE, breaks down the history of the look and how it evolved in the ’90s with Tom Ford during his Gucci days.
According to Linda, if it takes you longer than two minutes to do, you’re doing it wrong. She recommends sketching the shape with a black pencil, and then building it out with a liquid eyeshadow.
- Cat ladies, this is totally a thing —> wedding pics ??? with your cat.
You wear your wedding dress, your cat hangs out with you (hopefully he or she is NOT too interested in clawing at your gown!), and a photographer captures the moment for prosperity.
Sadly, I met Tabs after I got married, but if he had been around, I would’ve done this in a heartbeat! Heck, El Hub probably would’ve made him his best man.
- I mean, there’s NO WAY my entire makeup collection could fit into this $14 acrylic organizer from Amazon, but I’m still intrigued by it. It gets four-and-a-half stars with almost 2,000 reviews, so it’s gotta be somewhat good, yeah?
- How did NASA’s first lady astronauts in the late-1970s handle things like menstruation and collecting urine samples in zero gravity when it had never been done before? Regarding bathroom hygiene during spaceflight, Smithsonian Space Shuttle Curator Valerie Neal says that, “They tried creating some sort of form-fitted plastic devices that you could tuck in close that would serve as a funnel, attached to a hose and plastic bag, but that was too messy.” Two women in the program were mothers, and they brought up the idea of adult-sized disposable diapers, which weren’t readily available at the time.
That’s NASA — and mom! — ingenuity for ya.
Oh, and if you need me today, I’ll be here trying to remove the remnants of this Chocolate Sea Salt bar from my molars. They’re tasty but CRAZY sticky!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,