Hey, hey, Caturday! Good morning. 😊 I’m reporting live from my bathroom today because I am out of eye cream…and it’s very distressing to me, because this appears to have happened suddenly, out of nowhere.
After hearing people rave about it for months, I bought a bottle of what I thought was a relatively large amount of Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream back in November, and I feel like I’ve only been using it for two seconds, but it’s gone. IT’S COMPLETELY GONE.
So I’m officially out of eye cream [SHUDDERS].
Like, how did this even happen?? I’ve been conservative with the C-Tango, too. I don’t even do a whole pump. I use half a pump!
And that’s only part of the issue. What really bugs me is that this came out of nowhere. I usually keep a backup of mission critical items (like eye cream) on hand just in case, but I couldn’t tell how much of this one was left. There’s no way to tell from the bottle.
I mean, I like it as an eye cream well enough, but I’m not a fan of the packaging.
OH EM GEE.
Wait — I’m having a revelation. If I MacGyver this situation…
YES! I just popped off the top using brute force, and there’s a tiny bit left on the cap that I can grab with a Q-tip. 🤗
But now I’m REALLY sad because it’s officially gone.
While I go mourn the loss of my last eye cream, please enjoy the following links…
- Even with the recent beauty biz changes and the “Fenty effect,” according to Hollywood makeup artist Tym Buacharern (he’s worked with Jennifer Hudson, among many other stars), brands still have a long way to go when it comes to giving women of color more makeup options.
- I learned this micro-concealing technique from Lisa Eldridge (my fave!) years ago, and it’s one of my “go-to” techniques for skin that looks even-toned but not cake-y.
- How cool is this? —> Thirteen-year-old Tilly uses her 3D-printed bionic arms when she does makeup tutorials.
- Yes, Ryan Reynolds has a skin care routine. (Side note: Could he please text it to El Hub?)
- This skin care line was founded by MIT grads, and everything in it is less than $30.
- Could somebody please get me this triple chicken perfume bottle from the 1700s?!
I really want to try that L’Oréal foundation.
This looks like fun, and I love her tropical pink pants.
I might go back to the Fresh Black Tea eye cream now… I remember using it and liking it…and it lasting A LOT longer than this Drunk Elephant one did.
If you have an eye cream recommendation, BTW, please do tell! I desperately need one. 😬
On that note, have a great rest of your weekend. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,