Good morning, my sweet! Happy Saturday. 😊
Crazy cat lady moment: aren’t these the cutest CCL socks? They’re a Valentine’s Day gift from El Hub, and I gotta say, when he gets it right, he *REALLY* gets it right.
I’m pretty sure Tabs briefly dated the kitty model on these socks…
So, don’t laugh, but I’m heading to Target in a few because I’m in the mood for a pale pastel pink polish, so I’m thinking either Buns Up or Crop Top and Roll from the Essie Expressie line will do the trick.
I might be a little obsessed. 🙀
While I contemplate the life-changing nature of quick-drying nail polish, you can catch up on your reading for the week.
- Ever wish you could spring out of bed with all your face paint already in place? Here’s everything you need to know about permanent (and semi-permanent) makeup.
- It looks like brands are once again shifting their marketing focus to makeup artists, rather than social media influencers.
- Beauty Chemist Alyssa Space recently opened a non-profit in Detroit, Myspace Beauty Lab, where kids can explore and create makeup through STEM. I would’ve LOVED this as a child!
- Beautycounter (which is sold through a multi-level marketing program) aims to be the first beauty brand to have physically audited every one of their mica mines to guarantee a fully traceable supply chain by the end of 2020.
- “Ambergris is, well…no one really knows, but it either comes out of the back end of whale, or it’s regurgitated. But it is not usable when it first comes out of the whale. It needs to float around on the sea for a couple of years, and then it gets cast up on the beach before you can use it.” <---- This is from a perfumer’s take on the recent wave of vagina-inspired scents made by celebrities (side note: did I really just write that sentence??).
- A matchmaker breaks down how to smell like the best version of yourself when you’re on a date.
- HOW RUDE! A 4-year-old French bulldog was stolen out of a Bay Area salon by a man who allegedly lured him away with mangoes.
- This salon in Indiana offers sensory-friendly haircuts for children by playing music on low and handing out toys so kids can feel calm and free of stress while they’re getting a trim.
- Cats in China are wearing face masks amid the coronavirus crisis.
- Ah, the eternal question… Does your cat really hate you?
- For my beauty friends on Oahu, there’s a new cat cafe in Kaimuki called Popoki and Tea. (side note: this neighborhood is El Hub’s old stomping grounds!).
Connor’s fourth (!) birthday is coming up in March, which means I’ll probably cry tears of nostalgia as I watch this…
Welcome to the soundtrack of my pre-teen and teenage years (I played A LOT of Chopin on the piano).
The song I’ve been listening to first thing in the morning
Oh, and let me know what you think of the last video (the Sigrid song). I’m getting Adele vibes from it.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,