Happy Saturday, my friend. I’ve got glitter on my lids, a big box of Costco ? croissants in my arms, and one foot out the door because I’m on my way to a holiday party mixer with the mom’s club I joined in my town.
I’ve been to a few of the events before, but I haven’t really connected with anyone yet. But I’m going to keep trying and trying until I find my peeps. It hasn’t happened yet, but I hope it happens soon. I’m hoping that the glitter is a good conversation starter (it usually is).
Connor’s ? coming with me this time (sorry, Tabs), and I think she may have asked to wear some ? lipstick (it sounded a little bit like, “Madda-madda-madda-madda-mama?” LOL!).
Sorry, kid, you’ll have to wait a few years for that.
Although speaking of beauty…here are the stories that caught my eye this week (some makeup and some not).
- Dior’s Precious Rocks holiday collection…rocks!
- Because it’s knot an easy problem to solve: why your Christmas tree lights are always getting tangled (according to science).
- Dear, Beyoncé ? and Jay-Z. I’m still waiting on my invitation to visit your Bel Air ?️ mansion in Southern California, which looks amaze-balls, by the way.
- OH, EM GEE. I missed this online pop-up store with Prince ? tees! All of them are sold out (boo). Yes, I’m bitter.
- Lots of warm reds and browns in the toasty holiday Lustrous Shadow Palette by Make Up For Ever.
- In case you were wondering what this whole net neutrality hullabaloo is about.
- Moisturizing, mega-rich skin balms for dry-skinned ladies (and gents).
- YSL, Burberry, Dior — luxury makeup lines fight for relevance in today’s social-media age.
- The ultra wealthy pay big bucks for Mean Christine’s time. She’s a famous facialist in NYC, and “Mean Christine” is her nickname. REALLY? Because if I’m gonna drop big $$$ on a spa session, I want to be mollycoddled, yo.
- Sephora has a beauty theme ? park in Dubai, and it’s like the Disneyland of makeup. Kind of.
- Problem solving beauty products for fussy hair.
- I need Amethyst Noir from the Essie ?? holiday collection, like, yesterday.
- The best rose gold beauty gifts for the holidays.
For my MBB fellas (hi, Efrain!), this glowing makeup look by Andrew (love him!) works for men *and* women.
Are you doing any holiday shopping today? What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,