Have you ever noticed how eerily similar brown cream shadow and chocolate pudding are? Or dulce de leche?
Mind you, I just finished vacuuming the house, which was quite a workout, and I’m freaking hungry, so maybe I should eat something and then reevaluate, LOL!
By the way, this shadow is Tom Ford Spice, a total lazy girl staple. Most of the time I just pat it on my lids with my fingers and blend out the edges without even bothering to use a separate primer, which pretty much throws precision out the window, but when I’m going for easy, I’m going ALL. THE. WAY. So as long as my shadow looks even-ish, I’m happy. 🙂
OK, I better go make something to eat now because this pan is REALLY starting to look dangerously like food… While I go raid the fridge, here are some stories that caught my eye this week.
- For some new moms in Taiwan, the postpartum period is like a luxury vacation at a five-star hotel, or, in this case, a “postpartum center” — lavish maternity facilities where staff members pamper mom and baby for a month (for a cool $430 a night!).
- BUYER BEWARE! The beauty black market is rife with counterfeit products, some of which are literally dangerous. Brands like MAC and Anastasia Beverly Hills — which are counterfeited left and right! — have gone as far as conducting their own investigations and have found fakes containing highly toxic chemicals like lead, arsenic and mercury.
- I knew I should’ve saved my favorite pair of high-waisted pants from high school! Z Cavaricci is making a comeback.
- Top drugstore foundations that are just as good as (if not better than) their more expensive counterparts
- Allure magazine will no longer be using the term “anti-aging” in text, and all I have to say is HELL, YES.
- Prepare yourself for your daily dose of “awww,” because these seniors recently tied the knot. She’s 98, he’s 94, and they met at the gym. DO YOUR SQUATS, people, because it just might lead to true love.
- Ulta has a cute NARS exclusive set of Velvet Lip Glides.
- I’m getting ready to save all y’all! Why Gen X might be our last, best hope.
- Obsessively focusing on “clean eating” can cause a big mess in your body.
- How to find the right dry shampoo
- Hilarious, and creepy, things happen when tragic and romantic titles of ’70s and ’80s songs get transformed into Stephen King book covers.
- Is that fern eavesdropping on your conversations? Scientists find that plants might really and truly be capable of listening.
How hand-carved Russian candles are made… This is so cool!
Grease’s “You’re the One That I Want” gets an R&B makeover
OK, baby cakes, it’s Caturday, an (un)official day of rest. May your workload be light and your smile be bright.
A poet, I am not, but at least my booty’s hot, because I do my squats, while my hair’s in knots.
Alright I’ll stop, haha! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,