Aaaaand this is the type of thing El Hub and I talk about these days, LOL! Yeah, I have a playdate…WITH. A. CAT. She’s a tortie/tabby mix, and her foster mom (a cat lady friend of mine who I exercise with) says that if she didn’t already have a house full of animals, she’d keep her in a heartbeat.
Dunno if I’m ever going to feel ready for another cat, or if I’ll ever *not* compare every single cat I meet to Tabs, but I’m gonna keep it low-key and go into the visit with an open heart and mind.
El Hub has also warned me — multiple times — about resisting the urge to bring home a family of felines on a whim (“Sweetie, you can’t just bring home five cats”), and yeah, even I can see that happening from a mile away, HA HA HA!
On that note, your beauty (and otherwise) reading for the week…
- The next generation of biotech beauty startups are looking at viruses and bacteria as they build out their product lines.
- Babies are the newest target consumer in the luxury skin care market.
- Here’s what to look for if you’re searching for products that are truly non-comedogenic.
- Hair bows have held multiple meanings throughout history. Bows have communicated whether the wearer was single (and ready to mingle!), whether they supported or resisted a particular regime, and have been symbols for resistance movements, among other things.
- A brief history of black hair, politics and discrimination
- Ah, the eternal question… Does your skin care need to sting in order to, like, actually work?
- Could this be the evolutionary reason why cats love to chomp on grass?
- These runway cats from the Algonquin Annual Cat Fashion Show are super meow-dles!
- This family took their two senior kitties along with them on a beach vacay.
- A closer look at what it’s like to get one of Lancôme’s bespoke foundations made just for you
Classical music for brain power because I need all the help I can get (PLUS, A CUTE CAT!)
Pop-Tarts but make it bougie
Another week, another Sir John video because I’m obsessed
Happy weekend to ya. Doing anything involving cats today or tomorrow? (Please say yes.)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,