What do you think is going on here…? A Strawberry Shortcake lookalike contest? A deep conditioning session? An audition to play one of the little mushrooms in a live-action Super Mario Bros. film?
Honestly, one of the best things about babies is dressing them up, haha! — even when the “dressing up” part consists solely of a shower cap.
Hello and happy ? Caturday, friend! I had one of those mornings today where I groggily opened my eyes, slithered out of bed, ambled down the hall, stumbled down the stairs and made a beeline for the coffee machine.
I’ve had one huge cup already, so I almost feel human again… Almost.
What are you up to?
If you feel like browsing the web, here are some things that caught my eye this week.
- Damn, back in the day, two of the most powerful women in ? makeup — Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein — sure knew how to throw shade.
- You know I love me some Carolina! 🙂 And if she loves the new Lancôme Matte Shaker Liquid Lipsticks, I know I’ll love them too.
- Looking for inspiration for your next hairdo? How about leopard-print hair dye? Yes…it’s a thing.
- ‘Tis a gloriously amusing thing when @sshole cats photobomb pics, especially wedding pics.
- Taylor over at My Lucite Dreams is always introducing me to new makeup lines, including one I really want to try called ? Red Apple. How pretty is that blush and bronzer?
- Paris raves about this Liquid Foundation by EX1. Being a foundation junkie and all, I’m intrigued!
- You may find yourself “ooh-ing” with delight when you see Rae rockin’ these beautiful Burberry lipsticks.
- Um…totally not makeup related, but Oreo is releasing salted caramel and coconut versions of their phantasmagorical cookies. You’re welcome. 🙂
- Yup, I’ll probably need one or two or 12 of these YSL Volupte Tint-In-Balms.
- Milani is all about highlighting this spring.
- I love this: an entire calendar of famous actresses and no ? photo editing whatsoever. Photographer Peter Lindbergh calls it “a cry against the terror of perfection.”
- What was it really like behind the scenes with Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn? Take a peek behind the beauty curtain in this behind-the-scenes look at old Hollywood.
- SO MANY PRETTY COLORS in the Marc Jacobs Matte Highlighter Gel Crayon line!
And some videos
Bougie bridal makeup (love the shirt, Andrew!)
Samantha’s favorite full-coverage foundations for oily skin.
Get a natural glow on mature skin with the new MAC Next to Nothing foundation.
Adia hauls some high-end highlighters, including one of my faves from Tom Ford.
Get a flawless finish without the cake face.
I gotta do a little spring cleaning today, so bluh on that. But after that there’s a skinny lemon bar recipe I’ve been dying to try.
What’s your plan for today? Please tell me it involves a cat (lie to me if you have to). 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,