When was the last time you played hopscotch? — because for the life of me I don’t remember it being this cardiovascularly taxing. Yesterday I introduced Connor Claire to this classic playground game, and after I demonstrated a few rounds, I had to stop to take a breather and contemplate my life choices. LOL!
Was it always this hard? 😂
Now that I think about it, I should figure out a way to turn hopscotch into the latest and greatest fitness craze. Hmm…
On to today’s reading. Short and sweet Saturday Surfing today because, apparently, I need to work on my cardio, so I’m off to run a couple miles on the treadmill!
- “During a global crisis, it might even feel a bit trivial to pull out your makeup bag and go to town on bronzer. But experts say it can actually make a huge difference in navigating these unpredictable and overwhelming circumstances.” <------ THIS. People are still wearing makeup while social distancing, and I’m all for it.
- Like many people around the world right now, freelance makeup artists and hairstylists are feeling the long-term effects of COVID-19 on their finances and business.
- El Hub asked me the other day if I could cut his hair, and I was like, “WHA?” I sashayed out the room like I didn’t hear him because I’ve never cut anybody’s hair except my own, which only happened under extreme duress once in the middle of the night with a blunt pair of scissors (needless to say, the situation and outcome weren’t ideal).
Anywho! If he asks again, I might forward him these tips from barbers on how to cut your own hair at home, and these pics of dudes doing it themselves.
- Speaking of hair, here’s how to give yours a little extra TLC, in case it needs it right now.
- And here’s how to stylishly keep your mane out of your face, according to restaurant workers (all of which I hope will have jobs when this crisis is over).
- If I had a gel manicure that needed to be removed right now, I’d be tearing my hair out FOR REALS. If you’re in a bind and need to remove a gel-mani, here’s some expert advice on how to do it at home without totally ruining your nails.
- Can cats have nightmares? 🙀 Short answer is yes they can.
- According to an animal behavior expert, this is why cats shove their butts in your face. 🐈
- The person behind what is regarded as one of the world’s best-smelling lotions shares her favorite scents.
What are you up to today? Did you know it was Saturday when you got up this morning? All of my days are blurring together…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,