You are looking at these beautiful tulips 🌷 because every time I walk by them at Trader Joe’s, they just make me smile. 😊 And I hope they bring a smile to your face today, too.
Good morning, friends! Happy Caturday weekend. We’re heading to the East Bay soon to visit my folks and have a barbecue because it’s my dad’s birthday.
Speaking of that…it’s weird to me now to go to family functions where I’m not in charge of the cooking. Over the past few years, more and more of the big holidays/life events have happened at our house, so now whenever there’s something involving a celebration with food, I have a hard time relinquishing control to other people… I’m already thinking, “OK, how can I persuade my dad to not overcook the ribs so they don’t turn into a leather shoe?” And, “What can I do to add more fiber to the salad?”
I know, I should just be grateful that we have anything to eat, and I am.
On that note, this week’s beauty reading…
- Find the fragrance that matches your literary taste!
- If I’m lucky enough to make it to an advanced age, I hope that three nice young nice men like these guys ask me to have a meal with them.
- Hey, if someone wants to rock armpits that are au naturale and they aren’t hurting anyone, I’m all for it.
- I’ve always been a fan of Jackie Aina, ever since the beginning, and I was thrilled to see her featured here in the Washington Post.
- Everything you need to know about recycling makeup
- In a move that challenges how “professionalism” is defined in the workplace, California could become one of the first states to outlaw racial discrimination because of hairstyles (such as braids and dreadlocks).
- This adorable senior kitty likes to take her toys on short excursions.
- These are supposedly the eight best cat breeds for first-time pet assistants.
- I can’t believe we live in a world like this, but this bracelet is supposed to be able to tell you if your drink is spiked with date rape drugs.
- In case you were wondering what the difference between gel nail extensions and acrylics is…
- This young lady’s mom gifted her with a business for her sweet 16 (for my 16th birthday party, I got a cake and a party at the Olive Garden).
Honestly, if I had been on this train, I would have wished this was real.
I’ve been binge-watching Nikol’s videos all week long…
The backstory behind Lizzo’s song, Juice.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,