Hey there, friend. Happy Saturday! Rosie girl sends sweet greetings…
This is her happy face, I swear. 😺 Her body language says she loves me, but her RBF says otherwise, ha ha ha!
Connor and I talked about it at length yesterday when we were hunting for wildflowers in our neighborhood (“Mama, Rosie likes you, but she loves me the most because she chose *me* as her special person.”)
If you’re in Northern California in the spring, you’ll see these purple flowers everywhere — blooming all over the hills, along roads, and even in the middle of parking lots! I think they’re called lupine (?), and there’s huge patches of them where we live.
I noticed yesterday that some of the flowers have pods on the stems that look like mini peas. I grabbed a few pods hoping to grow some in our front yard someday. Ya never know!
When we got back from our walk, we put our wildflower bouquet in a jar of water on the kitchen windowsill, and then Connor helped me bake a funky-lookin’ gluten-free blueberry lemon loaf.
It’s rustic looking, a.k.a. “photogenically challenged,” so while it’s not the prettiest, it’s melt-in-your-mouth perfection with a cup of Earl Grey tea.
Hmm… Now that I think about it, a slice sounds good for breakfast, so while I get my yum on, please enjoy your reading for the week.
- Fun fact: A group of lemurs is called a “conspiracy.” Also, lemurs do something called “stink flirting.”
- What happens when your signature scent goes mainstream? (Me: I keep wearing it.)
- Has your skin been breaking out since you’ve been staying in? Here are some reasons why your skin has been going nuts during the quarantine.
- Meghan Markle’s wedding day makeup artist, Daniel Martin, says every bride needs this blush. (Hint: It’s by La Goddess Charlotte T).
- How self-isolation changed one woman’s relationship with her makeup.
- Allegedly, these are the best lipsticks for ladies (and gents) with medium skin tones.
- TikTok is bringing in the next wave of social media-based beauty influencers.
A tutorial with, not one, but two different eye looks! And it’s with one of my favorite UD palettes, Born to Run.
Please note the presence of the diva fan.
Another one, BECAUSE I LOVE HER!
So much big hair. I kinda want to do this just for fun.
Probably not a great idea to watch this while my tummy’s rumbling, but what the haaaaay.
My favorite was “cookie”.
Current isolation theme song
I wish I was hanging out with the background singers.
Whatcha got planned for today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,