Happy Caturday, lovely kitten, and happy Easter weekend to you. 🙂
If there isn’t a stack of pancakes in front of you right now, I hope there will be one shortly, because, as you know, and as the scientific community has confirmed through multiple peer-reviewed clinical trials, pancakes make everything better (fact).
Specifically, banana pancakes. With walnuts.
Are you doing anything exciting today? On my end — and this probably doesn’t qualify as exciting to many people, but it does to me — I’m looking forward to trying some of these goodies from the new Space NK “The Essentials” gift-with-purchase.
I’m all about that greige patent-leather makeup bag. I gotta say that the Space NK makeup bags in their GWPs are usually kinda bomb. They’re always roomy and fit tons of stuff.
Spend $150 or more at Space NK (stores or online) and get the following
*Also includes the cute LE makeup bag above
- 111 Skin Cryo Activating Hydra Gel (0.5oz)
- By Terry Mascara Terrybly in Black (0.14oz)
- Diptyque Eau De Parfum (0.34oz; assorted scents)
- Eve Lom Time Retreat Face Treatment (0.33oz)
- Juara Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm (0.27oz)
- Kat Burki PH+ Enzyme Essence (0.25oz)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Pencil Primatif in Basic Black (0.024oz)
- Lipstick Queen Belle Epoque in Belle Pink (full-size)
- Malin + Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer (1oz)
- Miriam Quevedo Extreme Caviar Restructuring Luxe Serum (1.75oz)
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo (0.5oz)
- Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray (1.4oz)
- Rodial Snake Booster Oil (0.3oz)
- Smith & Cult Lip Gloss in Her Name Bubbles (0.08oz)
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask (0.25oz)
I’m just sayin’…if you were planning to do some Space NK shopping anyway, it might be worth waiting a few more days to grab these extra goodies.
Gotta get organized
I also want to work on re-organizing my beauty/makeup/brush situation this weekend. I don’t know why this happens over and over again, but I’ll be hyper-organized for a few weeks, then I’ll glance up at my shelves one day and see an out-of-control explosion.
Aaand I can’t find anything again.
Before I get started, here are some things that caught my makeup-loving eye this week.
- Ever wonder what the big beauty brand offices look like (I do)? Here’s a peek at the new L’Oreal headquarters in the US (hint: it’s amaze-balls).
- I need to sign for a subscription to Puss Puss ASAP. It’s the top high-fashion magazine for stylish cat ladies.
- SOLVED! — one of the universe’s greatest mysteries. This is why Lush stores have that distinctive scent.
- I gotta check these out. Arianne swears by these affordable (and gorgeous!) drugstore lip crayons.
- Chrissy Teigen’s doing a collab with BECCA.
- What’s the story behind some of the most scandalous and shocking beauty product names? Here’s a quick list. Let me guess — Orgasm is on it!
- I’m 100% convinced now that I need to get on the Viseart palette train.
- O.G. YouTuber Michelle Phan is relaunching Em Cosmetics.
- Thanks, Kristina, for introducing me to Vasanti. How pretty are these Lips Balms?!
- Erin of the Scandalous Beauty Podcast shares her Make Up For Ever must-haves.
- GIRL, that tutu in the opening credits of Sex and the City almost didn’t happen. Crazy!
- A sheer matte formula that leaves a tint on your lips? Yup, I’m officially intrigued by ColourPop Blotted Lips.
- Brooke’s got the skinny on the best affordable drugstore makeup brushes.
- Kath spills all the details on how she grew back her lashes.
- I wish I had an action-packed party to go to wearing Phyrra’s blue smoky eye look.
- It’s official — The Essie Eggs are SO CUTE!
And some videos
Beauty tips & tricks with makeup artist Fiona Stiles, who, by the way, does amazing work
Rae shares her top high-end foundations.
Glow in the dark hair is now a thing.
Enjoy the rest of your day, sweet friend. 🙂 Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,