Welcome to Saturday, mi amiga! 😺 At least I think it’s Saturday… I really don’t know. The days have been blurring together lately, so I’m like 75% sure? — which is good enough for now, ha ha ha.
OK, so, last night I had the weirdest dream. I was cutting my hair at home during, strangely enough, the daytime, and not in the dead of night, which would seem more likely given my history with spontaneous haircuts, and instead of trimming the ends, touching up the layers or slicing some sassy side-swept bangs, I put a bowl on top of my head, and gave myself a bowl cut.
A. BOWL. CUT. 🥣
Shockingly, it ended up looking good, like a legit salon professional pulled it off. My hair was even on both sides, and the bowl shape was perfectly round. After I was done, I blew it out so the strands would lay all sleek and smooth, then went out into the world to show off my new ‘do.
I WAS WORKING THAT BOWL CUT, TOO, tossing my mane around in slow motion like it was a Pantene commercial. I guess that’s what happens when you read a lot of articles on how to cut your own hair at home…
There are a couple of them in today’s list of links, but none are devoted solely to the perfect at-home bowl cut, in case you were wondering. 😂
- “Behind every successful man is a strong woman color-correcting his butt.” <---- Best line I read all week.
- Experts say that sticking to your regular routines — including putting on makeup — can help boost your mood, even during uncertain times like these.
- Ulta is furloughing employees, and their executives are forgoing their salaries.
- The Makeup Museum is launching a new exhibit online called Generations of Beauty, with the goal of supporting lonely seniors (shout-out to the grandparents!) during the pandemic.
- Guess what? Professional hair stylists do not recommend burning off your split ends with, ya know, fire. 🔥 Here are their pro tips for doing a not-so-terrible job of cutting your own hair at home. 💇
- Oh, and if you need a pair of clippers for your haircut, here are the best ones, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- Factories that used to make perfume, tees and cars are now making supplies to help in the coronavirus crisis.
- Note to self: When we can all go out and play again, smell all of these perfumes with rose notes, and add the ones I love ❤️ to my collection.
Apparently, videos with choreography to Earth, Wind & Fire’s “September” are a thing.
Here’s another one!
Look at these littles!
Allegedly, when I play this video, I play it for Connor, but really, I’m the one who loves dancing to it, ha ha ha!
We will meet again (also, please note the Queen’s orange lipstick).
My favorite Madonna video of all time
Don’t stop believing.
I love you, Lisa, but truth be told, I mostly watched this to see your cat. 😁
Be extra nice to yourself, today, ok? And drop me a line in the comments to let me know what you’re up to for Easter. We’re still sheltering-in-place here at home… I’ll be making an easy Easter brunch for us. Got plans for strawberry scones, a breakfast egg and sausage casserole and gluten-free blueberry pancakes.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,